1. The elevator

Nandini rushed through the lobby of the intimidating building, adjusting her sleeves. She was late on her first day of work and she was so sure either she would get scolded or worse fired. Both the thoughts made her tensed.

She had set her alarm clock for six in the morning and slept early the night before just so that she could manage to wake up early but even after trying so hard, her eyes betrayed her this morning too.

She mumbled few curses under her breath as she waited for the elevator door to open. "Oh come on. Come on." she impatiently tapped her foot. For a second, she thought of teleporting but the very next second she dumped the idea.

She was a vampire, an existence unknown to the human world. She had a petite figure but you can't judge a book by it's cover, she had a strength of a gigantic elephant or even more than it. She could teleport from one place to other in less than a second which, even among her peers, only very few could do. Because of her uniqueness she wasn't able to live peacefully in her clan, so she was currently living in the human world, trying her best to blend with humans.

She convinced herself almost every single day that she was okay living alone away from her clan. She was okay for she could enjoy and live her life the way she wanted and not under someone's command.

'It's okay.' she breathed in. But who was she trying to lie to? Although the vampires were almost ruthless but she felt like she belonged there more than here in the ordinary world. Moreover her only family, her big brother was there.

She shuffled through her bag and sighed in relief on spotting her palm sized transparent green capsule box.

She survived on capsule, which acted as a substitute of blood. She made the capsule herself from medicinal herbs and few other items, so it'd never been a problem for her. She had never for once drank human blood and so the capsule also helped her to live in the daylight. But as a side effect of the capsule she needed more amount of sleep.

When the elevator dinged open, she entered the elevator and pressed for the twentieth floor. But before the elevator could start its ascent, the elevator door opened again and a man in black entered.

The first thing she noticed was his height which was unusually tall at least for her. He had a handsome face with a slightly built body and from her point of view the color black really complemented his ivory skin tone.

Tearing her gaze away from him, she checked her watch and to her disappointment she was already ten minutes late. Cursing herself, she impatiently waited for the elevator to ascent and when it did, she suddenly felt weak. Strangely the smell of the man's blood got unusually stronger in the closed space.

Blood Blood. Nandini unconsciously thought. She tightly held on to her bag, trying to hold herself back from pouncing onto the neck of the tall man but her senses betrayed her. Before she even knew she was just a step away from him.

The man could feel her presence behind him. He slightly turned to look at the person but he was taken aback when she suddenly pushed him to the wall.

His eyes locked with her slightly red orbs and to his surprise those orbs captivated him. He couldn't stop looking at her. May be that was why even when she bend towards him, precisely his neck, he let her. He could feel her breath fanning against his neck and he strangely liked it.

He shut his eyes close to sink into those strange feelings and when he closed his eyes, his intention became clearer, he wanted to hold her. He really wanted to but right then the elevator dinged open on the ninth floor, bringing them back to their senses.

Covering her lips with her right hand, she immediately yanked apart from him. She couldn't comprehend her own actions. What was she even trying to do? Suck his blood?