Chapter Ten

Yu Hao was angry.

"You're sitting on the best spot of the couch." He crossed his arms, glaring clearly at Zi Xuan. "I usually sit there."

"Daddy usually sits there!" Ci Ci yelled out from underneath her yellow blanket, fed up with all the arguing. "You can both sit there! Just start the movie."

Yu Hao giggled at her. He gave up, looking at Zi Xuan, who was motioning to his spread legs. Shaking his head, he sat down a large distance away from Zi Xuan, glaring at him. The older guy pouted, crossing his arms and ignoring Yu Hao.

But Yu Hao could hardly pay any attention to the movie on, especially not when stupid Zi Xuan was sitting in the most comfortable spot, snoring slightly, cuddled into the the couch with a blanket wrapped around him...

Stop.

Yu Hao shook his head, crossing his arms. It wasn't his fault that Zi Xuan was unbearably adorable.

The movie ended, and Zi Xuan woke up with a snort. The kids laughed as he rubbed his eyes, smiling at them. "Did I fall asleep?"

Yu Hao rolled his eyes, upset that Zi Xuan got the best spot and the kids attention. Maybe he was just being stupid, but at least he was being honest.

In an attempt to compete with Zi Xuan, he stood up from the couch. "Who's hungry?" The three screamed "me!" and raised their hands in the air.

Yu Hao walked to the kitchen, getting ingredients out to make something easy, maybe stir fry. He hoped he was better than Zi Xuan at cooking. It would really inflate his ego.

Yu Hao had been kind at one point. In high school he enjoyed cooking for his mother so she could come back to a good meal. He was a sweet guy who took home economics so he could take care of his mom. Somehow, it didn't seem to work out that way, especially not after he got famous.

Suddenly, a body pushed beside him, peering over his shoulder at the frying pan. "That actually looks good." Zi Xuan said, obviously impressed. "I didn't take you as a cook."

"I'm not- I mean I am.... I used to cook for my mom when I was in high school." Yu Hao shrugged. "I don't cook, usually. I just eat instant noodles and shit like that." Zi Xuan nodded, telling by the tone of that sentence Yu Hao was pissed off at him. He bit his lip, wondering why.

"Hey, are you... upset at me?" He asked, swallowing the lump in his throat. He was trying to form a friendship with the young athlete, but it was hard when Yu Hao was so angry all the time.

"No, I'm not." Yu Hao sighed, turning to look at Zi Xuan. His stomach rolled over, looking at those plump pink lips, those slanted eyes. He felt at this moment that Zi Xuan was a work of art, needing to be admired and cared for.

But I'm not the person who should do that.

He shook his head. "I'm not. Can you get the table ready for dinner? There should be plates in that cupboard. And Zhen Wen likes it if we use placemats because he thinks the table is expensive." Zi Xuan nodded, leaving his side and heading to the drawers Yu Hao had pointed at.

Meanwhile, Yu Hao plated the rice and chicken stir fry, placing the dishes on the table and smiling at the kids, who began to eat willingly.

"Uncle Yu Hao! It's so good." Ci Ci grinned, rice in-between her teeth. "Is there more?"

"Of course there is!" Smiled Yu Hao, happy everyone liked his cooking. Even Zi Xuan seemed to be enjoying it, and he vocalized it soon enough.

"This is really good, Yu Hao. You should come over and make this for me some time." The eldest said from across the table, nodding at Yu Hao. The image evoked a fantasy in Yu Hao's mind.

He could imagine it perfectly.

Cooking a meal for Zi Xuan, who would be relaxing happily on the couch. Standing up when Yu Hao took it to him, taking the plate from him, putting it on the table. He could practically feel Zi Xuan's fingers on his hips, his face as he moved closer and closer until they were kissing in the middle of Zi Xuan's living room.

"Yu Hao?" Zi Xuan's questioning voice snapped him out of the fantasy. "You alright?"

Yu Hao nodded, going back to his plate. "I'm fine." He tried to ignore the concern in Zi Xuan's eyes as he ate the rest of the stir fry.

•••

He played around with the kids a little, but eventually it was time for them to go to bed. Yu Hao accompanied Ci Ci, making sure she had brushed her teeth and combed her long hair. He closed the curtains so the outside world couldn't bother her, and tucked her in.

He was about to leave to check on the boys, who were being managed by Zi Xuan, when a small voice called him back.

"Uncle Yu Hao..." she cried out suddenly. He was back to her bedside in an instant. "I can't... fall asleep alone. Daddy usually sings me a song."

Yu Hao smiled, laughing slightly. "He does, does he?" She nodded and he looked down. "What song does he usually sing?"

"I don't know what it's called." She sighed. "But I know it goes like this."

And she started singing.

Yu Hao recognized the tune immediately. He remembered prom, especially remembered Zhen Wu paying the DJ extra to play this song. It had always belonged to them. He remembered the two swaying together in the middle of the dance floor, so caught up in one another that they didn't care about the stares people gave them. He remembered Zhen Wu kissing Zhen Wen in the middle of the song, making it known they were together.

Yu Hao smiled at the distant memory. He began to sing along, still humming while her voice tapered off. He kissed her forehead, smoothing away her hair and smiling softly.

Little did he know Zi Xuan had been standing at the door, watching his every move.

A/N:

So, turns out I was overreacting yesterday... sorry if I worried anyone, but I'll be publishing again now since I have so many chapters saved up.
Ooh, I can't wait for you all to see what happens ;))))))

Vote/comment please!

I love you all!