"Luna, are you alright?" He asked, keeping his gun raised, never once facing me.

"Yes, thank-you," I said breathlessly.

He nodded in acknowledgment that he heard me before two other warriors, two females that I had known for a while, stepped next to his side.

"Your father sent us back to these lines. We were overwhelmed just west of here, and we figured we could be of more efficiency back here," Janice, the one on my left said as she held a revolver in each hand.

"Great, we could use the-"

"GET DOWN!" Kyle, the warrior that had helped me yelled, tackling Sierra and me to the ground as a rocket flew past our heads and hit the forest behind us, a deafening explosion following.

"What in the HELL?!" Maisy, Janice's best friend yelled. "Where in the goddess's name did those vermin get ROCKETS?!"

"I believe the term is, RPG," Kyle said, looking over his shoulder.

"I don't give a damn what it's called, it's the fact that they've shot a ROCKET!"

Kyle rolled his eyes then looked at Sierra and me, who were pressed against one of the broken walls.

"Are you two alright?"

"As right as we'll ever be right about now," I growled, grabbing my fallen rifle and hoisting it over my shoulder. "Any word on Alex or Jack?"

He shook his head, wincing as a few stray bullets seemed to find their way towards our vicinity.

"We need to fall back!" Janice yelled, her friend shifting to deal with several oncoming rogues. "We'll be overwhelmed in minutes if we stay here!"

I nodded and we began to make our way closer to the packed house. On our way over, we ran into several groups of rogues and made sure none of them made it out alive. None of us got injured yet, which was a blessing at it's fullest.

It was when we made it back to my father's area that Sierra let out a cry and went down. I jumped back, hovering over her form and protecting her from any further gun-fire as Kyle took up his own rifle, shooting at the rogue, and the other two covered Sierra and I. Several hunters managed to weave their way through, but Janice was quick to shift as well and dispose of them. I glanced over my friend to see that a bullet had penetrated her upper calf. The exit wound on the other side showed that it didn't have to be dug out. It may have been very painful, but at least it wasn't fatal; though Jack would probably throw a fit once he got back. I, however, knew she'd be fine in a few hours or less.

A squad of warriors managed to get over to us, helping carry Sierra to the medics and getting the rest of us out of the firefight and into more safe quarters. Once back at the packed house, Thomas, our Beta, made his way over to us. "Are you lot alright?"

I nodded, panting next to Kyle and the girls. "A little shaken, but we'll live. Any news?"

He nodded a grim smile. "Alex and Jack have seemed to have stopped the Witch in some way, for it's already become much easier to push our enemy forces away."

I smiled at that leaning against the wall. Now I can see my mate again...

"However, Alex and Jack won't be coming back within a few minutes... or more."

And the fates say no.

"What's wrong?" I asked, growing worried.

"They seemed to have found Falcon," he said with a sigh. "We tried to talk them out of it, but then Xavier took control. It seems he is going to take him down, once and for all."