Chapter 18 : What Happened?

Do you guys wanna take a guess at my name? I'll give you a hint, it starts with a B.
XOXO - Anon_Author48

Morgan's POV

"Rossi, what's wrong?" I questioned, confused by his flabbergasted expression, along with the worry and fear trapped behind his eyes.

"Aaron." That was all he responded with.

"Dave? What happened?"

"Aaron, we have to go back. Something's wrong with Nicki." I could tell Aaron was shocked, but not completely.

"Okay, Dave. But first, I'm going to need you to tell us why."

"Nicki. She's been going to see Summers behind all of our backs, she's been going as Caralyn. She just texted me, saying that it was all going to be over tonight. I asked her how but she never answered. Please just take my word on that we have to go back. Now."

"Reid," Hotch paused, allowing for the pretty boy to turn and face him, "go alert the pilot that we need to turn around, JJ, can you call the local precinct of this case and let them know that we are unable to leave today, problem with the jet or whatever, that we will come first thing as soon as its fixed."

JJ and Spencer both nodded, separating to do their given tasks.

"The rest of you, including me, are going to be trying to reach Nicki, do not stop until we get an answer."

This was hard for us. I believe this is almost harder for us than if a team member were to be kidnapped, as it is Nicki's mind that is putting her in danger, not an unsub. This situation has made me realize a lot of things.

I was never really nice to her, always being upset over her barging in on my family like that. But now that she is in this mess, it really puts things into perspective for me.

I only regret that something this drastic had to occur before I was able to realize just how much of a douche I've been.

So, as soon as the order left boss man's lips, I whipped out my cell and dialed Penelope. We would need her to watch Nicki's credit purchases, just in case anything bad was happening.

"Hello there, my chocolate thun-"

"Yes, hi baby girl, but listen. We're heading back now, somethings up with Jerone. We need you to keep an eye on any strange purposes until we can get to her, alright?"

"Yeah, of- of course, but what's going on? Is she okay?"

I sighed, shaking my head. "I really wish I could answer that question, Baby Girl, but I really can't say."

"Oh... well, I beep you back if I catch anything unusual... Garcia out."

It wasn't even a few minutes later before we were getting another call from Garcia. Hotch ended up being the one to answer the call, Garcia's face popping up on the laptop screen, not looking like her normal cheerful self.

"Hey guys, so I don't really have anything, other than the fact that I can confirm that Nicki has not left her apartment since around a few minutes after you all took off. I didn't want to call with just that, but I am kinda a little worried right now and I can't really relax, and all though I hate to say it, I don't really think that cute, adorable kitten pictures and videos can really help me right now."

"Woah, woah, slow down there Baby Girl. That helps, it eliminates a place she could be. And hey, it's okay to be worried. I think that we all are."

I looked to Hotch, wondering about how he wanted to handle this, but to be honest, he looked a bit shaken up. I mean, I get it, it's always different when it's one of your own missing or in danger, but he seems on a whole new level of shaken up.

"Hotch..?"

He sighed, looking down to his lap, shifting his gaze to Rossi, who nodded, then looked back to the rest of us.

"I do believe it's time you hear some of Nicki, Dave, and I's background..."