CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

chapter thirty-four

chapter thirty-four.
ashes to ashes

ELIJAH COVERED GIA'S burned body with use of a table cloth with respect as Esme had sat on the corner of the fountain sipping on a blood bag as she built back up the strength she had lost due to the the bite that Klaus had taken into her neck. The Mikaelson crouched in front of her was trying to comprehend the plan that Klaus had told her in her mind and one which he neglected from telling the rest of them. As Esme gulped down the remains of the blood bag where hardly anything else was left to drink she had thrown it to the side feeling herself regaining her strength to allow her to continue.

Gia's death was one of those who were caught in the crossfire, just like Aiden, she was someone innocent and who didn't had to have died. Elijah had lost a good thing yet again and which happened to have had been at the hand of his brother. Though he couldn't mourn for the entirety of the night, Dahlia was still roaming around New Orleans and there was still a plan that Esme had to explain towards him. "So now that you have your strength..." He had broken the silence between them both and begun to turn to face the brunette who had begun to rise to her feet. "what do you mean Niklaus had a plan? We had a plan!" His voice bellowed throughout the compound knowing that if it wasn't for Klaus' interruption Dahlia could've been dead. "A plan he mercilessly destroyed!"

"Your plan wouldn't have worked, Elijah!" Esme yelled back at him. As much as they thought it would've worked, they held wrong ingredients that they hadn't even realised. "When Klaus got into my head, he said your plan would've failed, so he had enact one of his own."

"And what might that be?" Elijah questioned.

Esme sighed knowing that if she thought that what Klaus' plan was bizarre, she was curious to what Elijah had thought. "He has to get her to link to him." She informed.

"My brother wishes to bind himself to our enemy?" Elijah pondered causing Esme to nod lightly as the idea of it wasn't comforting for herself but she wasn't going to doubt Klaus, not when it came to their son and Hope. "She'll be virtually indestructible."

"He said to convince you that everything he had to do, he had to do alone." Esme added as her arms crossed over her chest. "You had the wrong ingredients to kill Dahlia. And he has to buy time before he finds the right ones."

"How?"

Esme studied Elijah as he twirled his phone between his fingers where he had been trying to get hold of Hayley, ringing her phone over and over again and it did bring Esme to her panic as she worried for where Isaac and Hope were. She swallowed the lump building up in her throat as she waited for Elijah to say something that commenced a plan alongside Klaus' to make sure that Dahlia wasn't going to be capable of causing further harm to their family. Esme chewed down on her bottom lip as she chose to break the silence between herself and the Mikaelson, it was far too deafening and though she was mad at him for trapping her in her room, it was going to stop her for giving her condolences towards the woman who was lost.