Pt 8

Your POV

I woke up as I heard the wet nurse show up in the morning to get tikva, and then she jumped at seeing Theon in my bed and knocked something over. I raised up and rubbed my eyes, before trying to go over and pick up the sword she had knocked over. I heard Theon slowly shifting in the bed, signaling that he was awake.
"I'm sorry miss Greyjoy" she apologized, then quickly grabbed tikva and her favorite blanket and left with her.
"Do you even see your own daughter?" Theon asked gruffly in his morning voice and I shot him a look.
"Considering you didn't even know about her til yesterday I suggest you shut up" I advised. I wasn't exactly a morning person, and yesterday's happiness about Theon being here was gone, leaving only bitterness over everything he'd done, pity for what had happened, and sadly, my love for him. I shoved my love asude at the moment.
Theon looked surprised about how I responded, "last night you seemed happy that I was back" he said in a slightly hurt tone. I grabbed my sword and put it through my belt.
       "I was happy. But then when I woke up-" I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "We aren't fighting for ourselves, we are fighting for our queen and our futures." I paused and lifted the necklace out of my shirt, showing the ring he'd given me. "I'm fighting for our daughter. We can't afford to let feelings get in the way anymore than they already have. If spending little time with her—and you, for that matter— means that I can ensure she lives, then so be it."
       "What happened to you?" Theon asked as he got out of my bed and walked to me, slowly holding my hands. "When did you become a soldier more than a person?"
        "I'll be anything I need to be to protect tikva." I said softly, before lookin in his eyes and seeing how sad he looked
         "We finally made our way back to each other, and for what? One night sleeping on the same bed?" He said and dropped my hands.
        "You're going to help fulfill the promise you made to the queen" I reminded him sadly.
         "I would betray a thousand kings and queens for you" He said and cupped my cheeks, "and I'd slaughter the rest for our daughter." He spoke kindly and I couldn't help but let my face soften. Gods, is missed him. And truth be told, I liked this Theon more than the last.
         "Don't let any of them hear you say that" I said as I slid a hand and gripped his shirt, before yanking him down to me and kissing him softly. His kiss was weak, out of practice.
I loved it.
I'd always secretly hated how experienced and cocky he was, I knew every time he kissed me it was like the thousand other times he kissed another woman.
But this felt innocence, and loving. Just like I always wanted.
     We pulled away from each other and I gave him a sad smile.
       "What I Said still stands. We will help our queen." I reminded, and I felt him brush hair out of my face.
        "Yes, but in the mean time, I want to get to know my daughter, and I want to fall in love again with my wife" he whispered, before stepping away. I left the room and let him change, no wanting to embarrass him.
        As I walked down the halls, I noticed his sister walking around as well.
       "Going anywhere?" I hummed as I put my hands behind my back. She turned and smirked at me.
        "What's it concern you, oh dear sister in law?" She said and gave a laugh.
       "It doesn't. Yet" I said and walked next to her.
        "So, you're the stark that married my brother" she said and I gave and faint salute.
         "Guilty" I said and gave a cold smile, she seemed nice, but i didn't trust people who I didn't know much about... and to know more about her I'd have to....
         "What are you-?" She questioned as I slapped her face. She started to pull her sword and I held my hands up.
           "A bug, quiet dangerous around this parts. They carry diseases, some of the worst. One bite and you could fall dead before fulfilling your promise to the queen." I lied quickly, before focusing on her and then seeing half of my own vision of her, and then half of how she seen me. I gave a small to her, before disappearing around the corner. I walked down the hall until I got to the throne room and waited to talk to the queen.

Later—-

     I walked away after speaking to the other advisors, wanting to go vist tikva. She should be around her somewhere.
      I heard the baby giggling and I followed it, knowing it was my child. Once I walked into the room, I seen she wasn't with her nurse.
    She was with Theon.
      "Theon, what are you doing?" I questioned, before I walked over and sat down next to him on the floor. Tikva crawled out of his lap and went to me. I smiled at the child and put her in my lap.
       "She just-" Theon tried to explain and I shushed him as the baby started to babble.
      "She's slow on development, but she is smart about who she trusts" I said and pet the kids hair. "Was she crying?"
        "Uh... Yeah. The nurse couldn't get her to stop" he said bashfully, "not until-"
        "You held her" I finished, knowing the kids trick. "She does it a lot. The nurse is annoyed with how she isn't acting her age, but honestly, I think she is more cunning than we realize."
         "She has a starks wit" he complimented and move closer.
       "And a Greyjoy smile" I smiled down at the baby as she grinned back.