Chapter 1

Chloe's POV

I pace around my room. Should i even be doing this? I sit on my bed and contemplate. My mom would hate me if i do. She hates me already. So why not?

I stand up and call Paige.

"Hey, are we going?" I ask as i twirl a strand of my blonde wavy hair.

"Yeah," Paige sighs," don't bail on us Chloe. I know you feel bad but what do we got to lose?"

I look at the lavender wall then at the white ceiling. What do I've got to lose? I walk into my closet get a suitcase and start shoving my clothes and things in it. Maybe this can be fun.

••••••••••••••••••••

Before i leave there is one thing i need to do. Hug Clara and my mother. My mother might be the reason why I'm leaving, but that doesn't mean i hate her. I mean sure she treats me like crap and sure she beats me, but she's my mother. I clear my throat and walk into Clara's room. I see her tiny little finger wrapped around a small doll. Her straight blonde hair is pulled into two pigtails and she's wearing a hot pink dress with white shoes.

I walk up to her and pick up a doll.

"My name is Chloe Doll," i say.

Clara looks up to me and smiles. She picks her doll up and bounces it over to mine. Clara grabs the dolls hand and waves it. I wave back. And for a few minutes we stay like this. Like two sisters who love each other. Except one will be leaving and probably not coming back.

I stand up and sigh. I look at my little sisters face and i feel like crying. But this is my choice. I need to be strong. Clara stands up as well. I hug her. I hug her for minutes and when its time for me to go i kiss her on her forehead.

"Be a good girl, okay Clara?" I say.

She nods and walks back to her dolls like it never even happened. I wish that it was just as easy for me. To walk back to my room like running away wasn't even on my plan book.

•••••••••••••••••••

Its time to say goodbye to my mother. I walk into her room. She looks up at me and for a minute a think i see a small smile. I walk over to her.

"I want to say goodbye," i softly say.

She looks at me for a second and laughs.

"Why?" She asks in between laughter.

"I'm leaving,"

She scoffs.

I lean and try to hug her but she pushes me away.

I sigh and i walk out of the room.

I call Paige.

"Can we leave now?" I ask as i head out the door.

"Goodbye," i say to no one.