Relax Ki.

She wanted to text Shori, but that would require her to move her arm, and that was not something she was going to do.

So instead, she just sat there with one earbud in her ear and one in the beautiful girl leaning on her shoulder.

—————————

"Alright quick break get what you want to eat but we're back on the bus by 9:20."

They had stopped at a McDonalds. Ki wasn't too thrilled to have to stand up after she had just fallen asleep.

It took her a long time to calm her nerves down, but by the time she did she was exhausted and so she fell asleep, her head falling on top of Lyra's.

As she woke up, she realized what she had done, and quickly sat up. Lyra stirred awake as well, her hood falling down to the back of her neck.

"What time is it?" She mumbled.

"Uh nine, I think. We're stopping to get food." Ki wrapped up her headphones around her phone as she slipped it into her sweatpants pocket.

"Oh... fun."

The majority of the students filed off the bus in a somewhat lazy fashion, while those who were still asleep, or just too lazy to move, stayed behind.

Lyra followed closely behind Ki, almost stepping on her shoes a few times. As Ki got off the bus, the pavement hit her feet with an unwanted solidarity, making her instantly want to sit back down again.

"Are you hungry?" Lyra yawned walking up beside her.

"I don't really eat breakfast." Ki mumbled walking forward.

"What?!"

"I don't eat breakfast."

"Are you insane?!" Lyra grabbed her shoulder, clearly in shock.

"I just... don't have time to make anything."

"Oh."

"Does your mom make breakfast?" Ki found herself asking.

"Yep. Every morning. And if we don't eat we don't get to leave." Lyra laughed.

"Hm."

Must be nice.

"Sorry." Lyra quickly apologized.

"No. No. It's fine. I asked, remember?" Ki nudged her.

"Yeah." Lyra looked down shyly. "Yeah. Okay."

"What are you going to get?" Ki distracted her.

"Um... I don't know. Whatever you want."

"What? No, I asked you."

"Yeah, but I'm making you eat so get something and we'll split it." She suggested as they approached the building.

"Lyra, no..."

"Lyra, yes." She beamed catching the door from the boy in front of them.

Ki smiled as she turned her head down.

"I'm not getting out of this am I?"

"Nope."

—————————

They got back on the bus at 9:30. Mrs. Moon wasn't too happy that everyone ran over the time frame, but there wasn't much she could do when thirty kids weren't done eating.

Ki and Lyra split some pancakes.

Personally Ki thought it was too much sugar in the morning, but Lyra was perfectly content with their choice and so Ki just sat there and ate her pancake in peace.