Chapter 2

"So, what's your name?" I asked the woman. "Oh! I completely forgot to tell you guys, didn't i? Well, my name is Zoey." She smiles at me for a moment before turning her attention back to the road. "What are your names?" She questions. "I'm Harry. and my sister is Rosy" I say. She nods. "Rosy is a very pretty name" Zoey looks in the tier view mirror to catch a glance at my little sister.

"What do we say, Rosy?" I ask. "Thank you" The little girl giggles. "So you guys are really on your own? how'd that happen?" Zoey looks at me then back at the road. "well, uh.. I'd rather not say." I shrug, not wanting her to know that our parents just stranded us without anything.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean-" "It's fine" I fake a smile at her. she nods then focuses back on driving. The car becomes silent besides Rosy's quiet singing in the back.

We get to Zoey's apartment in no time, going inside straight away. "You guys can go take showers and stuff. You can use the hair dryer and everything. I'll show you where the bathroom and everything is first." Zoey says.

She leads us around her house. Once we were somewhat familiar with the place, she left us alone to take a shower. I shut the bathroom door and locked it. "Ok, c'mon Rosy. let's take a bath." I say. I start the water for a bath and wait till it's warm enough then stop the tap and plugging the drain.

"Turn around" Rosy requests. "why?" I ask. "Mommy says a boy isn't aloud to see me naked. She said it's bad" She state. I frown at the thought of our mother, the sick woman.

"That doesn't count for your brother when you're only 5. You haven't grown anything yet. I used to have to take baths with you all the time when you were a wee little baby." I reason. She huffs. "Don't tell no one" Her small voice sounds. I chuckle then help her get undressed.

I sit her down in the water and grab a sponge and soap. I rub the two together until the sponge is soapy. I take it and rub it down her back in slow, gentle movements. "Sing to me, Haz" Rosy whispers. For some reason, she loves to hear me sing and it always calms her down. I've never understood it but it just does. She took a liking to it when she was little and my parents would make me sing to her to stop her from crying.

"What do you want me to sing, kiddo?" I ask. "That sunshine song" She smiles. I nod then try to jog my memory on the lyrics.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are grey. You'll never know, dear, how much I love you, please don't take my sunshine away" I sing quietly in her ear as I bathe her body.

Next is her hair. I grab the shampoo bottle, still singing, then lather it in her hair. She leans into my touch and sings along with me.

I wash that out then do conditioner. Her hair really needs it. It's so tangly from not being brushed. Once she's done, I lift her up and pull her out of the tub. "Cold" She mumbles. I get a towel hanging from a rack and wrap it around her. "Dry off and gets back in your clothes. I want you to stay in here but keep your eyes closed, alright?" I say, rubbing her back. She simply nods her head then covers her eyes with her hands.

I start the shower then get undressed. I quickly get into the shower then pull the curtain shut. "You can open your eyes now" I say.

~~~~

"This tastes amazing" I compliment. Zoey smiles my way. "so, How old are you two?" She asks. "I'm this many!" Rosy holds up five fingers proudly. Zoey and I chuckle. "That's great! Harry?" She looks at me. "I'm 16" I nod. A frown takes over her features and she looks between Rosy and I.

"And your on your own?" She asks, disbelief clear in her voice. "yes. is that a problem?" I frown. Zoey quickly shakes her head no. "Not at all! Just, I thought you'd be a bit older." Zoey looks down at her plate. "Haz take good care of me" Rosy buts in, looking at Zoey. "Rosy, be nice" I scold. She looks down at her fingers.

After dinner was through, I took Rosy to a room and tucked her in the bed.

"Where are you going?" She asks as I walk to the door. "I've got to talk to Zoey. Stay put, alright?" I say. "No, Haz, stay with me. I'm scared of the dark. don't leave me alone" Rosy whines. "I'll leave the lights on. I'll be right back, sis. I walk to her and place a kiss on her forehead.

Unexpectedly, she sits up and wraps her arms around my neck. "Haz, I love you." She whispers. I smile and rub her back. "I love you too, Rosy" I promise.

_______

This is like super short but Awwww
(づ。◕‿‿◕)