Chapter 4

I awoke the next morning to a man shoving my leg with his boot. I frowned as I looked up. He was wearing a bright red shirt with a name plate that read manager

"Get up and go home," the man said, crossing his arms. "You can't sleep in front of my store," he snapped. I sighed and slowly stood up, still holding Rose in my arms. I started to walk away, too tired to argue with the man. "Stupid teenagers," he grumbled, walking into his store.

I rocked Rose in my arms gently, waking her up. She looked up at me with hooded eyes. "Hazza, where are we going?" She yawned, snuggling her face I my chest. "I'm not sure, Rosy. We're going to try and find some breakfast, okay?" I said softly, kissing her cheek.

She nodded and looked around as we walked further down the walkway of the strip mall. I couldn't tell what time it was, but i saw all the shops starting to open. That's what I need. I need to find a job. Although, I couldn't exactly do that when I looked like this. I sighed and looked at the stores, wondering what the pay was like and if it'd even be enough to get us by.

We ended up outside of a chic fil a, sitting at one of the tables. Rose's stomach growled and she looked up at me. She was about to speak then stopped herself. I could already tell that she was going to tell me that she's hungry. It hurts to know that I couldn't even feed her.

I wrapped my arm around my little sister, holding her close. "I love you," I said softly. She nodded and slumped against me. I picked at the table, scratching at the paint as she held onto my arm.

People went in and out of the fast food place, having their meals then leaving. Someone was walking to the door then glanced at us. They walked over and looked down at the two of us.

"E-excuse me?" They said in a soft voice. I looked up from the table to see a boy with bright blue eyes, staring into mine. I didn't say anything back, watching with cautious eyes.

"I've seen you around a few times before.. I know it's none of my business but... you don't seem the most well kept, and I don't mean that offensively, I just.." "I get it," I hummed softly. "Can I get you two something to eat?" He asked. I felt my stomach growl. "That'd be great, actually," I said softly, hope boiling inside me that maybe Rose wouldn't go hungry today.

"I'm Louis. What's your name?" He asked, sticking out his hand. I smiled small at him and shook his hand. "I'm Harry," I said. I wasn't going to tell him rose's name, it just didn't feel safe. He smiled.

"Alright, Harry. I'll be right back with that food," he assured and then went inside the building. I looked down at Rose who had been sleeping throughout our conversation. I gently shook her awake.

"Rosy, someone is getting us some breakfast, alright?" I told her softly. She looked up at me and smiled tiredly. I kissed her head and then we waited for the man to bring us our food.

He came strolling out of the building with a large bag of food. He set it down in front of us. "May I eat with you two?" He asked gently. I nodded.

"Thank you for this," I said, eyeing the bag. He shook his head with a smile. "It's no problem," he assured. He took the food out of the bag. He had a regular chicken sandwich while he gave us a ton of food.

"Oh, wow. You didn't have to," I said, looking at the items. "I figured you'd need more than breakfast today," he shrugged. I smiled at him and thanked him profusely.

"Honestly, you are amazing. Thank you so much,-" I stared but he interrupted me. "It's no problem, trust me," Louis smiled. "But, if I may ask, how did you two end up on the streets?" He asked.

I felt my stomach dropped and I looked down. I looked at Rose then him. "Our... Our parents left us at a gas station," I said quietly, frowning at the thought. He frowned as well, covering his mouth as he gasped.

"How could someone- you're their child! They should be arrested," he said, shaking his head. "We've gone to a police station before... They couldn't find them," he shook his head. "Then they tried to take her away from me, but I'm old enough to be her guardian and there was absolutely no way they were going to take her from me," Harry shook his head.

Louis was dumbfounded. These poor kids, they were only so young. He looked at Harry. "Is there anyway that I can help?" He asked softly, looking between them.

"I mean, you've already gotten us food for the day.. there's not much more I could ask for," I said. He shook his head. "How about a job?" He asked, looking at Me. My eyes widened. I need one so desperately, I needed to be able to care for Rosy. I nodded quickly.

"Yes, please. I'll take any job, any position, I just need to be able to take care of her," I said, pleading with him almost. He smiled at me. "It's yours," he said.

"W-what?" I asked.

"I'm louis Tomlinson, owner and CEO of one of the largest companies in this city. I'm offering you a job as my assistant," he said. My eyes widened. "No way.. this can't be happening," I said, smiling to myself. Louis smiled at me.

I've never heard of his name before, but if he could offer me a job, I'll take it. "Would you like to take a trip to my office? After we finish eating of course." He asked. I smiled and nodded. "Thank you, thank you so much," I said happily. 

--

I carried the bag of food in one of my arms. Rose had her fingers wrapped around one of mine, following this man to his car. He opened the door and I got in the backseat with Rose. After he had situated himself in his driver's seat, he turned back to look at me.

"You guys are good kids. I'm sorry I had to do this," he sighed, pursing his lips. "What?-" I started but then felt my arms being trapped from behind and a cloth going around my nose. I looked over as I heard Rose scream from her seat as they were doing the same to her.

"No! No! Stop!" I yelled, struggling against the grip.  But my attempts were to no avail as the chemicals from the rag over my face consumed my system and I fell unconscious.

--------------
Oh boy would you look at the time. I'm three years late lmaoooo. So, I've been wanting to write again! I've kind of missed it, and I'd like to get back into the rhythm of things!!

I will most likely only be doing this story and 'I swear he's real', so remember to check that one out too! It just got an update as well.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!! I know it's short but I literally just scraped this up in an hour so here you go.