Family

"I'm nervous" Demi stares out of the car window, her hands tightly grasping the steering wheel to keep the shakiness at bay. She didn't get nervous often, but when she did, near enough everyone could tell.

Ally shifts back round from tending to a sleepy Lauren, the little whining unhappily in the back seat which told the mothers she was more than ready for a nap, "There's nothing to be nervous about babe. We have Lauren already and even though it was a challenge settling her initially, I'm sure everything will be fine" a soft smile appears on her face, and she reaches over to soothingly squeeze her wife's thigh.

Demi lets out a soft sigh and nods before she releases the steering wheel, "you're right, you're right." She murmurs, "okay, lets go inside. You okay to grab the baby?" She reaches for her seatbelt, the shakiness in her hands thankfully gone.

"Of course" was Ally's simple reply.

Together, the two climb out of the car, and once Ally hoists their baby into her arms, they were making their way towards the orphanage door.

"Mama?"

Demi looks over as she pushes the door open, "what's up baby?" She smiles softly, holding the door open for Ally before following them both in.

Lauren squirms a little in her mommy's arms as she looks around distractedly, "are we getting me a sister?" Her voice was quiet, yet curious. She had been talking about this for weeks and both Demi and Ally were glad this was finally happening.

"Mama's not sure yet princess, we need to take a look around first, okay?" Demi replies, taking the girls hand and giving it a soothing squeeze.

Resting her head on Ally's shoulder, Lauren nods.

While Ally and Lauren go let the owner know they were here and sign in, Demi decides to head on through to the large living room where every little who lived at the orphanage was currently sat down. Some were talking quietly between themselves, some were with caretakers and some were on their own.

She smiles kindly at a few people who look her way, looking around to see if there was anyone who caught her attention. As much as she'd love just to take anyone home just for the sake of getting them out of here, she wanted that connection that she knew Lauren and Ally had.

The connection she knew most littles and caretakers had.

She stops in her tracks when her eyes catch a small figure sat in one of the corners of the room, and with as much confidence as she could muster, she heads on over there forcing a small smile onto her face.

The girl looks up when she senses someone near her, and the first thing Demi notices were her eyes. They were a startling brown, shining with tears. Heart breaking at the sight, she places herself down next to her, careful to leave enough space so the girl knew it was okay to leave if she wanted.

"Hi sweetheart. My names Demi" she introduces herself, her voice soft.

The girl shifts in place slightly, her lips parting as one quiet word escapes her lips, "Camila" it was a mere whisper.

Demi smiles nonetheless, "it's nice to meet you" before she could say anything more, the girl speaks again.

"What are you doing here?" Her words weren't spoken viciously, in fact, they were quite the opposite. She seemed curious. Genuinely curious as to why this strange lady had come sit next to her when there was so many more people to choose from.

"Well, if you're wondering why I'm here right now, then I've come to find another little to join our family, just like all these other people are. That's my wife and little over there" she gestures to the two people still talking to the owner, sending them both a small wave when they look her way "but if you're wondering why I've come to sit with you, well, I thought you could use some company" she finishes.