CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

Beginne am Anfang

"I can't, Esme."

Esme's brows arched with the choice that Elijah had made and which kept her from helping them. "What do you mean you can't?"

"If I let you go, you'll go after Hayley." Elijah explained his reasoning which caused Esme's fist to clench. "Last night, the voicemail that Hayley left was right. They need to disappear for the sake of the children."

"That's not your choice to make." Esme defended. "Isaac is my son. He's not Hayley's. He's not yours." She reminded as if it had been forgotten, it looked like that it had been forgotten by those breathing around her. "I decide what happens with my son."

"Esme, stop and think." Elijah demanded as he had stalked forward towards her. "Hayley is right. You know that she is."

"She may be right but he's my son." Esme shrugged. "I've held him twice, Elijah. Twice." Elijah sympathised towards the Browne, understanding why it hurt so much not having the Isaac around but he couldn't allow for her to leave. "I won't have her take that away from me. So, you need to tell Freya to take down this boundary spell--"

Elijah's head shook as a frown played its way onto his lips. "I'm sorry, Esme." Every time he apologised she doubted if he meant it because if he did, Esme had guessed he would've let her go after her son. Once again, Elijah had walked away and left her alone wondering how her son was coping out in the Bayou especially through a storm that was harmful towards a newborn.

Esme wondered why she had bothered to change her clothes when it was clear to see that the boundary spell was never going to be put down around her room. As the Browne had settled onto the corner of her bed to pull on her knee high boots that tugged over her jeans she had had another visitor as she caught yet another sound of approaching footsteps. Her ears perked as her eyes pulled from the last boot she had tugged onto her foot to meet Eva Sinclair's body, possessed by her 'best friend' who didn't seem to be trying whatsoever to allow Esme to be freed from her room.

Rebekah wasn't so sure what to say towards the short brunette who stomped her foot onto the ground while beginning to rise off of the foot of her bed awaiting for her to say something that required Esme's help. The Mikaelson worried that Esme may decline the help she was about to be asked to offer but Rebekah wasn't going to know what Esme was going to say unless she had asked. "We need your help." Rebekah informed causing the breath in Esme throat to catch where her hands had lifted to rest onto her hips.

Esme raised a brow, she was irritated that Rebekah had asked her for help, something she wasn't willing to hand out to the people who locked her up. "Does this have something to do with a missing hybrid?" She guessed.

"Exactly that." Rebekah nodded as she hoped that she'd be able to cave Esme in to help. "He's nowhere to be found. If I had to guess, I'd say he's planning a long list of cruel and unusual punishments for his treacherous siblings. Given that we have a witch to kill, I hoped you'd try reasoning with him. Ideally before he goes ballistic."

Esme wasn't as eager to help the Mikalesons as her shoulders lifted to with wonder of what she could say to the hybrid. "What am I even supposed to say?"

"Anything's better than nothing as long as it comes from you." Esme's face had softened with Rebekah's thought that she'd be the only person who he'd listen to. "You're the only person he'll listen to."

"Right now, he is bloody furious with the people who he loves most stabbing him in the heart. It happens to be his worst fear and it's just come true." Esme explained as Rebekah had pouted sightly, the guilt was still heavily carried on her shoulders and which she couldn't seem to ignore. "What makes you think he'll even listen to me?"