Day One - Monday

It is the second break and Minhyuk enters the cafeteria on his own. Hyungwon is sitting at the exact same place as earlier, with the same salad and the same book in front of him. Minhyuk takes a deep breath. He looks at Wonho, Changkyun and Kihyun who are sitting on the other side of the cafeteria, waving at him and telling him to go to Hyungwon already. So he does.

"Hi."

He smiles at Hyungwon and sits down but the slender boy doesn't react at all.

"Hey?"

Minhyuk says again, this time waving his hand in front of Hyungwon to get his attention. The latter sighs and looks up at him, his eyebrows raised, giving off a slightly annoyed impression.

"I'm Minhyuk. You're Hyungwon, right?"

It's not the best way to start a conversation but it was a beginning. An ice-breaker. Hyungwon blinks two times and then continues reading his book without saying anything. Minhyuk bites his lip. He's staring at Hyungwon and for the first time, he really sees him. He notices how fluffy and curly his soft and pink hair is, notices the small sparkles inside of his dark eyes, notices the plump lips with a tasty and rosy shade. For the first time Minhyuk notices how beautiful Hyungwon is.

"Wow."

He mumbles, absorbed in his thoughts, still trying to process Hyungwon's beauty when the latter looks up again, now staring right into Minhyuk's eyes. He gulps.

"Wow?"

Hyungwon asks, his voice clear, soft, as if an angel has spoken right from heaven. Minhyuk gulps again. He feels how his cheeks get red and his mouth turns dry. His heart beats slightly faster than usually but it's enough to make him flustered.

"N-nothing."

Hyungwon closes his book, without looking down, his eyes fixed on Minhyuk's as if he is teasing the boy in front of him. And maybe he really is. Hyungwon knows how beautiful he is, not in a cocky, arrogant way, he just knows. People tell him all the time how perfect his shape is, how good his body proportions are, how nice and soft his face looks and how heavenly his voice sounds. He's used to everyone being astonished by his beauty. They bore him. However it feels different with the foreign boy in front of him. Minhyuk is pretty, too. He has fluffly brown hair, dark eyes and red lips. He looks good. Hyungwon has noticed him many times already. He is always happy, playing around and screaming. It annoyed him most of the times but now that this boy is sitting in front of him, eyes locked with each other, it makes him curious. So curious that he doesn't even want to reject him anymore.

"What do you want from me?"

His angelic voice is not even sounding annoyed at all. Minhyuk scratches the back of his neck, finally looking away from Hyungwon's eyes and searching the room for an explanation. He needs a second to find back to reality.

"I want to be your friend. Let's be friends, Hyungwon."

The latter scoffs at him and starts smiling. Minhyuk is shocked at how cute even his fake smile looks.

"Sure."

Hyungwon says, shaking his head slowly and picking up his book again to continue reading.

"No, I mean it. I don't like seeing you on your own and I don't understand why you reject everyone when-"

"I like being alone."

"But why?"

Hyungwon raises his gaze, glancing at Minhyuk. He really doesn't want to leave, does he?, he thinks to himself and examines his opposite again.

"I just like being alone as much as you like to scream around."

"So you know who I am?"

"Of course I know who you are. The whole school knows who you are and that's in particular not a good thing."

Hyungwon says as he rolls his eyes, on his lips a small smile. Minhyuk is unsure how to feel about the situation. He feels insulted but looking at Hyungwon's perfect smile he doesn't know how to react. Does he even mean it? Is he joking?

"So... do you want to try to be friends with me?"

Minhyuk asks, his fingers tapping on Hyungwon's book in a steady but impatient rhythm. The latter yawns as he leans back, examining Minhyuk yet again. Could he really say 'no' to such a cute human being? The way Minhyuk tilts his head to the side, his puppy eyes begging for an fast answer, it makes it hard to reject him and Hyungwon has never had such problems before. Indeed Minhyuk may be the first person that he won't reject and the first person to become his friend.

"I'll think about it."

Hyungwon mumbles and gets up, putting the book on his tray and carrying it away with a distinct smirk on his lips. Minhyuk who is still confused about the situation doesn't know if it's too early to call it a success or if Hyungwon rejected him in a very unclear way. But as he returns to his own table he declares it as the first step to "win Hyungwon's heart". He obviously says it as a joke but when his thoughts drift away to Hyungwon in the next lesson he asks himself if he can really just be friends with him. The slender boy has caught his attention and he wants to go all in with this one and only opportunity.

"Two weeks."

He mumbles to himself, not even listening to the lesson at this point.

"I have only two weeks with you."