Chapter 1

Having just arrived in the village, the group of exhausted heroes' make their way to Corinne's house, with an unresponsive Rex slung over Poppi's shoulder. Surprisingly enough, most of the village was confused as to what transpired in the past few hours. Zeke, deciding it was time for one of his grandiose soliloquies, started to gather a crowd.

"We come with stories of the new world. Don't you worry my friends. Zeke von Gembu, Chaotic Bringer of Tales, will show you what happened this very night to the World Tree and the Cloud Sea."

"That one is new." Morag whispered

"He insisted on being called a 'Chaotic Bringer of Chaos' before." Pandoria responded "At least this one isn't as repetitive."

Morag nodded in agreement.

While the most of the heroes got sidetracked in commenting on Zeke's improv skills, Pyra, Poppi, and Nia brought the unconscious Driver to Corinne's house. Thankfully, Zeke's public storytelling hour is great at distracting people. As the 3rd knock on the wooden door came to an end, the endlessly forgiving Corinne came to the door.

"Hello Pyra." She greeted the red-haired Aegis "What brings you back to our part of Alrest?"

"Um... w-well...R-Rex..." Pyra couldn't think of how to tell her about what happened to Rex.

"Rex knocked h'mself out from exhaustion."

It seems that Nia answered for her as Poppi brought the boy into view.

Corinne saw the child over the artificial Blade's shoulder and stifled a laugh at the ridiculous sight. "There's no point in waiting then, let's get him in a proper bed."

----------

With the Driver back in a proper resting place, the four of them talked over a pot of Jenerossi tea.

"So what happened to my boy over past 2 weeks that got him sleeping like a newborn?" Corinne asked sipping the tea.

"Lack of sleep, overworking his muscles, sustained injuries from the battles fought." Nia listed.

"Poppi said Rex should have taken small break before going up World Tree." Poppi added.

"So, he did take you to Elysium. Must have been quite the journey." Corinne smiled.

Pyra nodded. She couldn't help worrying over the young Driver resting only several meters away.

The sound of thunder rang through the house from the village, shaking Pyra out of her thoughtful trance.

"What the 'ell did Shellhead do?" Nia nearly screamed out of surprise. She walked over to the window looking to the crowd of people now congregated around Zeke and his special effects artist, Pandoria. She summoned another crash of thunder that echoed through the village while Pyra slipped back into her thoughts.

"Seems that Pandoria is making loud thunder-like noise." Poppi answered as the Gormotti sat back down.

"Sounds like they are quite the showmen. Perhaps they wouldn't mind a second retelling." Corinne said, carefully placing the tea cup on the table.

"Poppi think Auntie Corinne would regret that."

"And why is that?" Corinne tilted her head.

"Let's just say that Shellhead can go way overboard." Nia glanced out the window again, mainly to confirm that there wouldn't be another unexpected thunderclap.

Corinne let out a chuckle "In any case, how do you all feel after the adventure you shared?"

"Poppi feels happy that we saved everyone!" She said with a smile on her face.