Chapter Twenty-One

"Chris!" You scream while rushing forward to jump into your brothers arms. He chuckles while stumbling back but quickly steadies himself to hug you back. You pull apart and smile up at him. "Oh, here come the water works." You sniff and quickly wipe away your tears.

"Hey Y/N/N." Chris smiles and places his hands on your shoulders. "How are you?"

"Cancer free." You smile back while tipping your head to the side. "I see you got a haircut." 

"Yeah, I think it really suits this badboy look I'm going for." He chuckles while pulling you into a hug again. 

"Holy shit." You gasp while stepping away to run a hand through your hair. "You're alive!" 

"And now she's caught up." Your brother laughs. "Wow, Canada really had a negative effect on your health."

"Shut the fuck up." You order.

"Y/N." Your mother warns.

"Oh right, I have parents." You jokingly whisper.

"We picked him up this morning." Your dad quickly jumps in with a smile. "Said they found him a week ago but couldn't call us because he was in intensive surgery."

"And I just jumped on you?" You realize. "Did I murder you?!"

"Obviously not if I'm still standing here." Chris rolls his eyes.

"You know what I mean!" You whine. 

"We're going out to dinner to celebrate." Your mom states while running a hand through your brother's buzz cut. "And then we're going to pray for Max's safe return."

"Wait, Max still isn't found?" You inquire while looking at everyone's saddened looks. "And what do you mean pray? We've never prayed...is it that bad?"

"The last time I saw him...." Chris sighs and rubs his wrist. "He was covered in blood and dragging me towards a jeep that he had found. I passed out and woke up alone, only a blood stain where Max had been."

"Oh my god." You whisper while covering your mouth and falling onto the couch. "Wh...how did they find you?"

"Remember how you made me watch Wonder Woman with you?" Chris chuckles.

"Yeah?" You mumble. "How does that have any revalence right now." 

"The smoke signals that the three send Steve and Diana towards the end of the movie to say that they found the base." Chris slowly explains. "Actually came in handy."

"Are you kidding me?" You inquire. "You're saying that I saved your life."

"No, I'm thinking Chris Pine did." Chris smiles back at you. 

"No no, Pine didn't make you watch the movie. I did." You hiss. "That means, by default, that I single-handedly saved your life." 

"I don't believe that's how it works." Chris shakes his head. 

"I do." You reply. 

"Oh, honey." Your mom speaks up. "You sounded distraught on the phone, is everything okay? Why did you come home so early?"

"That can wait." Your smile drops slightly but you quickly force it back. "We're celebrating, mom, come on. I bet you haven't had a cheeseburger in a very long time, Chris."

"I was craving a little American fatness." He jokes back.

"It's settled." Your father smiles. "Burgers on the dollar menu from McDonalds!"

"Y/F/N!" Your mom cries while slapping his arm. "We are spending more money than five bucks on our children!" 

"Fine, they can have fries too." He gives with a smile. 

"Just because of that, we're going to the most expensive restaurant there is." Your mom threatens but she quickly turns to you. "What is the most expensive restaurant?" 

You chuckle and pick up your phone that you had thrown on the floor without checking the notifications, everything could wait for tomorrow. Tonight was a night that you were going to enjoy with your family, but it couldn't hurt to check...right?

Quickly, you take a peek at your notifications as your mom and dad start preparations to leave. There are several texts from Mark, a shit ton from Sara, and a few missed calls from Jensen himself. You furrow your eyebrows and click on the one text message you received from him.

Wait for me

"Who's Jensen?" Chris questions from behind you. You jump out of fear and turn to look at him in surprise, slowly your parents stop what they were doing and turn to look at you.

"He's no one." You shake your head. "No one at all."

"Why do I get the feeling your lying to me?" Chris awkwardly chuckles. 

"Because I-"

A knock on the door stops you from continuing with your explanation. You sigh in relief and step around your brother to open the apartment door. Your eyes widen when you see Jensen himself standing on the porch, dripping from head to toe from the mist that had slowly started to turn to rain outside. 

"Aren't you supposed to be in a hospital or something?" You question while crossing your arms and leaning against the door frame. 

"Look, I don't know who you truly are. All I see is my Y/N." He gasps. "But I just broke a crap ton of laws to get here to you...only to tell you that I'm sorry and I would really appreciate it if you'd give me another chance."

"Why should I?" You scoff. "Jensen, as cliche as it sounds, you broke my heart." 

"What about this isn't cliche?" He chuckles while wiping the wet hair from his forehead. "Y/N, I was dick, I know but I'm not about to waste a second chance at...whatever this is. We met out of chance, fate if you'd like to call it that, I don't want to lose you."

"Jensen." You sigh. 

"I left my three kids behind." He continues. "To chase after you. I would really like to go back with you, I want JJ to meet you. I want Y/S and Y/D to meet you. I really want to kiss you again."

You bite your lip and sigh. You were just trying to prepare yourself to say goodbye and here he comes trying to win you back. It was all out of a novel, one that you'd probably throw out after the third page! But then again, second chances don't always come easily. 

A small smile appears on your face and you quickly step forward to join him in the rain. You grab his head and bring it down to yours, pressing your lips against his in a gentle kiss. He immediately reacts and cups your cheek. The kiss becomes heated but you both pull away too soon because of the lack of air.

"I love you." Jensen whispers. "I'm hoping that means you love me to?"

"That means I'll think about it." You reply. "And that also means I really want to introduce you to my family, not as Dean...but as Jensen."

"I'd like that." He smiles back. "If you'd meet my kids."

"I'd love that."

========

Christina Perri needs to get off my playlist because otherwise I write sappy crap like this. If ya'll think it's too cheesy, blame her and A Thousand Years that went on repeat because I was trying to capture the moment. Damn Twilight

-Author Out