Prologue

"Ms. L/N?" A voice demands, pulling you out of your daze. "Congratulations, somehow all of the cancerous cells have been erased....there is no sign of cancer in your body."

Suddenly, your whole world erupts in happiness. For the first time in your life, you felt pure joy. Your cancer was gone! Things were just starting to go your way. Your boyfriend and you had moved in together, your brothers were finally coming home from their tours, and your parents were actually getting along. Life couldn't be more perfect and you couldn't wait to go home and tell everyone!

"Ms? Are you alright?" The doctor questions while waving a hand in front of your face. 

"What? Yes." You smile while standing. "I have to go and tell everyone, thank you...thank you!"

"Of course, just be sure to take it easy because the after-effects are still present and will be for the next few days." Your doctor lists off. "I am also giving you some pain medication for the headaches that you have been getting." 

"Thank you." You repeat.

"Of course." He smiles. "Congratulations, Y/N. You deserve this."

With that, you both stand and walk out of his office. You bid some nurses goodbye as you start to walk down the corridor with an extra skip in your step. Cancer free! Finally! 

A new beginning, you were ready to break free.