Chapter Seventeen

You and Sarah were able to pile all of the children into the car within fifteen minutes despite how much your head hurt and how much the little girl, who you remembered to be JJ, was hugging you and telling you that she missed you so much. It broke your heart when you tried to explain it to her that you were not her mother, so in the end you left it alone. 

Sarah drove as you sat in the passenger seat with an ice pack held to your forehead. She didn't badger you with questions like someone else (Mark) would have but you could see her looking over at you every few minutes. You let out a breath and close your eyes, your thoughts wild.

"He's going to be okay." Sarah mumbles. "You know that."

"Yeah." You mumble. "But...I have a feeling I know what's going to happen."

"What?" She inquires.

"With that big of a blow?" You scoff. "Sarah, he's going to remember everything, then he's going to realize what happened between us and...I will probably never see him again." You mumble while looking out the window. "Listen to me, I sound like I should be in a romance novel....or Twilight."

"You are dramatic." Sarah admits.

"This was the part where you were supposed to comfort me." You sigh.

"I was getting to that." She mumbles while looking through the rear view mirror at the kids for a split second. "Y/N, you made him so happy and I say that in the few minutes that you stood in my house. I heard it all from Mark! You should have seen him after his wife died, he was a mess!"

"Do you think that's why he got into that accident?" You inquire. "I know doctors said that there wasn't alcohol in his system, but do you think he maybe...I don't know-"

"Stop stressing out about it, hon." Sarah orders. "Jensen likes you, it was obvious how he literally sprinted after you when you left the house." 

"But that's not-remembering-Jensen, if this goes how I think it will...we'll have remembers-everything-Jensen!" You whine as she finally pulls into the hospital parking lot. Sarah rolls her eyes and turns off the car, you shake your head at her and quickly rip off the seat belt. 

"Y/N." Sarah states as you're about to open the car door. "You need to be strong, no matter what happens....Mark and I will be here for you." 

"Thanks." You sigh. "Just...if you see the signs before I do, warn me so I can run...really fast."

"Just don't hit a tree again." She orders. You roll your eyes and open the door to get out of the car. You hear her laughter as you pull the back door open, JJ immediately climbs out and hugs your leg but she frowns when she sees where you guys are. 

"Why are we here?" JJ demands. "A-are you sick again?"

Sarah walks around the car with Tom and Shep by her legs and her baby in her arms. She looks at you with a sad expression and stops to wait as you grab the twins out of the car. You take a deep breath and grab them out of their car seats, closing the door with your hip.

"No, sweet pea." You mumble. Y/D squirms in your arms as she lays her head on your shoulder as Y/S continuously plays with your hair. "Your dad hit his head by accident, we're just making sure that he's okay." 

"Promise?" She whispers while looking up at you, her hand wrapped around the cloth of your shirt. 

"Promise." You whisper. "I-I...I'm not going anywhere." 

Despite the pull in your stomach, you smiled down at her and continued to walk with Sarah towards the front entrance. Once you both were able to make sure the kids didn't run around like chicken with their heads cut off, Sarah went to the receptionist and asked where Jensen was, somehow convincing the old woman that she was his sister and that you were his wife. 

Minutes later, you all were standing outside of his room. The shadows of people, whom you presumed to be Jared, Mark, and Gen, walked around the room. The twins had fallen asleep in your arms as well as Sarah's daughter in hers. Tom, Shep, and JJ didn't look too far behind and you felt bad that you didn't have anymore hands. 

"Y/N, you do realize that we are going to have to go inside soon, right?" Sarah finally pulls you back to reality. "Otherwise Judy, that receptionist, is going to have my butt for lying about our relationship to Jensen." 

"Right right." You nod in agreement as she steps forward to open the door. Immediately, the conversation that had been going on ceases as you two stepped inside. You bite your lower lip as everyone stares at you.

"You look just like her." Jensen whispers, sadly you could hear every word. "Guys, can you....can you give me a minute to talk with Miss. Y/L?" Mark gives you a sympathetic look as he picks up JJ and takes Y/D. Jared awkwardly smiles at you and takes Y/S from your arms. Your heart strings pull at what Jensen had called you instead of him using your first name.

Quickly the room becomes empty, leaving just you and Jensen alone in the room. He stares at you from the bed, his eyes unmoving. Sadly, they no longer held the same warmth and happiness that he had shown you not even fifteen minutes ago.

"I uh, thank you for helping me through the accident." Jensen finally speaks up. "I appreciate the help and I'll pay you back all the money that you spent." 

"No, you don't have to-"

"But I have to ask you to leave." He interrupts. "I...JJ can't handle it right now, I know Gen and Jared are already taking it hard...it's hard for all of us." 

"Jensen-"

"I...please Y/N." Jensen shakes his head. "It's already hard enough to see you when you look so much like her, but now you have the same name...you even sound the same!"

"How is that my fault?" You inquire, your voice cracking despite your efforts to keep it steady. "Jensen-"

"Please stop." He states while putting his hand in the air. "Y/N, please just go before things get more difficult for everyone." 

You open your mouth to say something but stop, thinking the better of it. You close your mouth and swallow the lump in your throat, tears welling up in your eyes. "Fine." You whisper, your voice cracking. "I'm sorry that I'm such an inconvenience." With that, you rush out of the room with tears streaming down your cheeks. 

You run past the group that had been waiting for you and Jensen to finish your conversation. Sarah calls your name but you don't stop, she quickly hands her daughter to Gen and sprints after you. "Y/N! Stop!" 

===========

Hiya ladies (and gents) how ya'll doing? 

Sorry for the sucky chapter/it taking so long. 

Hopefully things will be back to normal soon, *cue evil laughter* or maybe, you will find yourself just ending up back in Austin...alone....in your apartment...

You may never know, lol

I'm so evil, I'm so sorry

-Author Out