“Anthony I messed up,”

“Lissa I don’t have time for this, I have to go.” He said as he grabbed his suit jacket. “We’ll talk later,” he said on his way out the room.

“Jeffery is losing it and I’m afraid he’s going to kill me!” she said as she ran after him. “He’s going to kill me!” she said as she collapsed on the stairs as she began to cry. Anthony cursed under his breath as he turned around and looked at his train wreck of a wife. 

“I told you to stop dealing with him but you let your lust for power go to your head. You know exactly what you need to do and when you are ready to do it then we’ll talk.” He said handing her his handkerchief before leaving.

Melissa knew that Anthony meant for her to turn herself in and tell the truth but there was no way she could turn Jeffery in without implicating herself. Her only option was to run. She tossed clothes into a suitcase, as was ready to leave and never look back when the doorbell rang. She tossed her suitcase into the garage before answering the door, and she immediately knew that it was a mistake.

****

Victoria squealed with excitement as they pulled into the driveway of her parents’ home. She could barely contain herself as Zachary and Lucas helped her out of the car and into her wheelchair. 

"We decided to put you in dad's office it'll be easier for you to get around, but that doesn't mean you get to go crazy." Gaby said as she walked behind them and Elijah wheeled his sister up the temporary ramp they had built.

"I got it ma, I won't overdo it."

"Ya'll came just in time lunch is ready," Isabelle said as she walked out of the kitchen.

"Grandma!" Victoria squealed as she attempted to get up but was quickly reminded that she was still broken.

"It's so good to see you piccolina," Isabelle said as she cupped Victoria's face in her hands and showered her face with kisses.

“Isabelle stop smothering the child and let me have my turn,” Nick’s mother Paige said as she tried to pry Isabelle away from Victoria.

“Will you relax; you got to see her yesterday. How are you feeling?”

“Hungry,” Victoria answered with a giggle.”

“The food was the only thing she complained about while in the hospital. She didn’t complain about being in pain, or needing a sponge bath, just the food.” Gaby said shaking her head as everyone moved into the living room.

“She is definitely your child.” Isabelle said “You are the only woman I know who in the midst of child birth demands a sandwich.”

“I was hungry; delivering two boys is hard work.” Gaby said with a shrug. Victoria just sat back and watched as Gaby and Isabelle bantered while the rest of the family interacted with each other; she couldn’t help but feel out of place and she wondered if she would ever feel like she belonged again. 

“I don’t have time to argue with you Gabrielle, the child is hungry.” Isabelle said as she swatted Gaby on the butt. “Zachary bring your sister into the kitchen so she can get something to eat.”

“What about meeeeee,” Aaliyah whined as she trailed behind Isabelle.

A wide grin spread across Victoria’s face as soon as Isabelle placed a plate full of her handmade ravioli in front of her. Tears pricked her eyes and she sniffled as she bit down into the ravioli. The symphony the savory tomato and cheese created in her mouth was heaven to her.

“Are you crying?” Aaliyah asked as jealously watched her sister eat.

“I’m… not…. crying” she said in-between gulps. “It’s just so good, I’ve missed this,” she said with a sniffle before taking another bite.