lesson of life

Lesson of life

Its late winter and ice is melting making it harder for animals to cross the rivers with out falling in. shinda carefully walks across the river in the center. She keeps her head low and Dakota and tracks watch. She looks straight in the ice and jumps up on her hind legs and cracks a hole in the water which she learned from her friend paws. She falls in and Dakota and tracks run over there. She soon claws her way out on the ice again with a catfish. She shakes off her fur and walks to the shore. ''nice shinda.'' Dakota says grabbing the fish as she rolls on the snow to keep warm from the water. Tracks trots over to shinda and wags his tail as she jumps to her paws.

Lesson of life

She looks at the water for a long time ''who is next?'' she says looking back at them. Back at the tribe angel lays on her side resting. Jax lays next to her she smiles up at him and groans stretching. He lifts his head up quickly ''angel are you ok, are you hungry?'' he says with a worried look. ''no jax I am fine.'' she says getting up hearing the pack from the teepee. She stands half way out of its warm entrance. Shinda wags her tail and lets Dakota and tracks carry the basket full of fish. She licks angels ear jax steps closer to angel kind of guarding her. Shinda steps closer to and sticks her tail high with a little growl. ''check your self jax.'' she says walking to the fish.

Lesson of life

Jax pins his ears nervously watching shinda walk away. Angel walks around the woods alone. Tracks sees her leave and he follows ''hey angel wait!'' he calls up to her and she slows down. ''oh hi.'' she says nervously. ''are you ok?'' he asks walking next to her. ''yeah.'' she says shaking her head. Tracks stops walking making angel stop and turn around. She walks closer with his head down sniffing her fur. ''angel.'' he says nervously looking at her. She smiles ''how could you not tell anyone?'' he asks narrowing his eyes. She smiles and pins her ears ''I have to tell shinda.'' he says walking away. ''no not yet tracks!'' she growls and whines at the same time. He turns around and stands still. ''its not fair shinda cant smell.'' he growls she looks at her white paws. ''I know I will tell her my self.'' she says closing her blue eyes. ''she wont be mad angel.'' he smirks perking his ears.

Lesson of life

''really'' she says a little more confident. ''why would she?'' he laughs wagging his tail. She smiles and follows back to the tribe. Shinda lets the older kids paint marking on her that would soon wash away. She licks their faces as they paint a red circle around her eye The paint is raspberry and flower mix. Shinda licks the bowl making the one kid laugh. ''no shinda!'' he laughs pushing her face away. Tracks sits down and watches. Redwing walks up to shinda and the kids ''here lets put this on shinda.'' he says smiling but he still looked serious. He put a pretty eagle feather that clipped in her fur. She watched his eyes as he put it in her fur. The children smiled at the feather. ''there we go.'' he said leaving with patch feather close behind.

Lesson of life

Patch feather walked up to shinda as the kids run off. ''that's a good look for you, almost raccoon-ish .'' he teases and licks her ear nicely. ''thanks the kids are good artists.'' she laughed. ''patch feather.'' red wing called to him. ''oh got to go bye shinda.'' he says walking to his chief. Shinda smiles and tracks meets up with her. He nuzzles her and smiles she smiles back nuzzling back. He watches angel watching shinda. Shinda catches for a quick second of angel staring. She cocks her head and licks the corner of tracks mouth and walks to angle. ''hey.'' she says licking angels ear. Angel smiles ''hi shinda can we talk?'' she asks walking to the edge of the woods and turning to look at shinda.

Lesson of life

Shinda sits down next to angel as they watch a the elk graze. ''so what's up?'' shinda asks looking at the sun set. Angel swallow and ''shinda, I am uh - '' she starts then sighs. ''your leaving the pack!'' shinda says standing up. Angel gives her a look about to laugh. ''shinda no I am going to have pups.'' she says lowing her head. Shinda sits there for a second angel cant read what she is thinking. Just sense her getting happy. Shinda wags her tail ''really?'' she asks smiling ''yeah.'' angel says nervously. ''that's great!'' she says twirling around sitting down facing angel. Who is surprised at shinda's reaction.