I unscrewed the lid and took out two caplets, handing them to him.

"Don't call me again unless you're dying," I warned and stormed out before he could say anything.

Ross had looked worn down, but I wasn't forgiving him for taking me away from my work. I went back to my room and my books. I sketched out a drawing of Ross with his big head exploding when I couldn't get back into the rhythm of things. Unable to concentrate, I stretched my limbs. It was in that moment of stretching my limbs when my eyes landed on the bottle of pills I'd given Ross on the nightstand. I stared at it with wide eyes when I realized my mistake.

The word 'laxative' printed on the bottle screamed at me.

And then it all made sense. One of Nasir's pancreatic cancer symptoms was constipation. I handled all the meds he had to take. One of those meds was the laxatives I'd given to Ross. In my quest to minimize the time I spent away from my work, I'd grabbed the bottle without looking at it. I was also too angry to look at it.

I'd given Ross laxatives.

The idiot probably hadn't noticed because the caplets were a similar shape to Tylenol caplets. The thought of Ross having diarrhea made me cringe. I got off the bed quickly and rushed to his office. I went through the door without knocking.

He was typing on his laptop with his right hand while shuffling a Rubik's cube with the left. He looked up when I walked in. I noticed the glass that had once contained water was empty.

"What?" he enquired about my presence.

"Uh...how's your headache? Did you take the caplets?" I said, sounding a bit timid for my liking.

"I took them a few minutes ago. Don't expect them to work that quickly, unless they are a miracle drug," I said.

Oh boy.

"Otherwise how are you feeling generally?" I asked, sounding a lot like my mother when I came down with something.

He cocked a brow. "Why are you here?"

I shrugged slightly. "I just...wanted to check up on you I guess. You kind of looked like death."

"This stupid thing is giving me a headache, but I'm fine. I'll get it right eventually."

I scratched the back of my head. I could imagine the moment the laxatives kicked in. It was going to be a disaster.

"Are you...are you going anywhere today?"

"Might pop into RossTech. Sometimes even I need help. I can't focus on what I'm doing," he replied.

What if he had to go while on the way to RossTech or while there?

"Don't go!" I said before I could fully realize what I was saying. Ross was stunned by my words as I was.

"Why?"

"I...uh...I mean, uh..." I was struggling with finding what to say. "I just think you should give yourself some more time. Take a break and get back to it. If you still can't solve it say in three days from now then you can ask for help. You can do this," I said and punched the air a little in encouragement.

My excuse was believable. It came across as genuine. Once I figured out what to say the words just flowed. I would have believed myself if I was in Ross's shoes. And if there was one thing I knew Ross hated, it was failing at something he was outstandingly good at. Asking for help would make him feel like a failure, at least I made it seem as though he'd be considered one.

He seemed to be thinking. "You're right. I just need some rest and my headache to go away. I'm taking a break now. Do you want to do something?"

"I would but I'm working on my college task. I have a book cover to make," I replied.