"Maybe we should." A huge smile forms on my face as he starts to lean in further.

Our lips finally touch and everything goes crazy. My heart starts to race inside my chest, the butterflies explode in my stomach. My hands shoot up into his hair as his lips smoothly glide with mine. His hands sliding up and down my back and side. His fingers coming in contact with my exposed skin that has shown because my shirt has ridden up.

I sigh in content.

This is perfect.
He is perfect.

A phone starts loudly ringing, interrupting the moment.
Blake breaks away from the kiss, fishing out his phone from his pocket.

"Hello?" He answers it, an annoyed look crossing his face.

"No, I'm at a friends." He looks at me, I force a smile.

A friend?
Why would it hurt so much to be called a friend?

I could hear the person on the other end, his gruff voice rattling the speakers from his loud tone.

What is he so mad about?

Blake sighs.
"I'll be home in a minute."
With that, he hangs up. His eyes shoot towards me with an apologetic look as he walks back to me and puts his hands on my hips. Looking deep into my eyes as he lowers his head to mine.
"I'm sorry, my dad's being an ass."

"It's all good." I wave it off, smiling at his adorable pouting face.

"I wish we could finish this." He laughs.

"Yeah, me too."

He leans down one last time, giving me a soft tender kiss.

I can't help the smile on my face, his mimics the same.

He looks up to the ceiling, closing his eyes. His jaw tightened, making his jaw line look more defined. I bite my bottom lip.

Gosh.

He groans out in frustration. The deep sound rumbling through my room.

"Do I really have to leave?" He looks down at me, smirking.

"Unless you want to get into more trouble with your dad than you currently are, then yes."

"I don't think he will mind." He starts to get closer.

I put my hands on his chest, lightly moving him away and to my door.

"Blake, go!" I laugh, pushing him through my door.

"Fine, but I'll be back." He says in his best Terminator voice.

I laugh, shaking my head at him. He smiles down at me, that darn dimple popping up. His eyes shine with something unknown to me.

I walk him outside the front door and to his car. He turns around and smiles at me once more.

"Bye, Danielle." He swoops down, leaving and soft lingering kiss on my cheek.

"Bye." I whisper back.

My cheeks start to hurt as I smile like a little kid, watching him pull out of my driveway and drive off.

My heart still pounds in my chest, the butterflies in my stomach still fluttering about.

I bounce on my feet, squealing a little.
"Yess!!" I jump up, cheering out loud.

Then, I ask myself.

What was accomplished?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I walk through the sliding doors, warmness of the store hitting me in the face. 

I turn to the side, a huge grin on my face.

Blake looks back at me, his pearly white smile and dimple on full display.

Yes, I'm at the store with Blake. He wanted to hang out and I wanted to sleep in, but he came over anyways. It's a cold Sunday morning, too early if you ask me. So, I decided to make some coffee and pancakes. Yay!

"What kind of coffee?" Blake walks through the cake mix aisle, looking back at me.

"Columbian." I stare back at the pancake mixes, deciding which one to get.

"I'll get that, you get pancakes." And with that, he's off on his mission to find the coffee.

Do I want blueberry, buttermilk, or chocolate chip?

I squint my eyes, bringing my hand up to my chin and resting my elbow in my arm that's draped across my stomach.

"Blueberry!" I suddenly shout, rising up on my tippy toes to try and reach the box.

But I'm beat to it.
A long muscular arm grabs the box from the shelf and holds it out to me.

It's not Blake either.

My eyes follow the arm all the way up to the face. Annoyance fills me as I stare back at him. A cocky smirk on his face as he holds out the pancake mix for me to grab.

He waves it in my face.
"Didn't you want these?"

"Yeah...thanks." I mostly snatched it from his grasp.

"So, What are you doing here this early? And on a Saturday?" He looks at me as if I'm crazy, his eyes bright and sparkling under the store lights.

"I-"

"She's here with me." Blake's voice cuts me off, I turn to where it came from.

He comes walking down the aisle, a smirk on his face as he stares down Ryder.

"Well, isn't that just convenient." Ryder laughs humorlessly, gritting his teeth.

"What are you doing here this early? On a Saturday?" I ask him back, an accusing look on my face.

His eyes snap towards me, his jaw ticking in I guess was anger or annoyance.

"Well, love, I came to buy groceries for breakfast. It's my mom's birthday." He smiles a genuine smile, his eyes looking off into the distance.

And that's when I saw him differently. There's something more about him than a cocky jerk and what meets the eye.

He's a softie.

"I hope she has a good birthday." I smile politely.

He looks down at me, the same smile still occupying his face.

"Thank you."
He turns to Blake, his expression quickly fading to blankness.
"Daniels."
Ryder shoulders passed Blake, bumping into him hard as he goes.

Blake's jaw ticks as he restrained his anger. His hands tightly balled into fists, turning white from the pressure.

I place my hand over one of his, feeling his body relax from my touch.

He looks down at me, I smile up at him. Looking to where Ryder left, I stare after him. Confused as to who he really is.

Is he what he made himself to be?
A cocky, egotistical, football jock?
Or, is he someone else?

I don't know, but I need to find out.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry again for updating so late. It's hard. With school and everything else. Thank you for reading! I hope you liked this chapter! Sorry too if it doesn't make sense or if it's jumbled together. Everything is confusing, but when is high school romance not confusing?

Thank you all for the votes and comments, I really appreciate them so much. Y'all have no idea! Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy the rest of the book.

Thank you!

         Read. Vote. Comment.

~ Hayleigh💕