{19}

A/N:
The images above are screenshots from the YouTube video beside it~

******

Emily went down the steps to the cellar and peeked around the corner. She could see Jack on the ground and Naib on a rocket chair.

"Psst... Naib," she whispered loud enough for Naib to hear. "Should I save you?"

Naib looked at her confused. "What kind of question is that? Of course you should."

Emily quickly came over to rescue him. "I thought you'd want to spend more time with Jack. Speaking of Jack, what happened to him?"

"I think he didn't get enough sleep last night," said Naib. "Falling asleep in the middle of the match..."

Emily looked at Jack and saw him breathing peacefully with droll coming out of his mouth. "Poor Jack..." she said. "Come on, we're almost done decoding."

Michiko and White were still hovering above when they saw Emily and Naib leave the church. Michiko sighed in relief. "So he didn't kill him."

"Where's Jack?" White asked, receiving a shrug from Michiko.

Then, the siren blared throughout the map. "Maybe.. he intended to let them go?" White thought out loud. "That doesn't explain his behaviour these past few days.."

"Lovesick maybe?" Michiko said.

"That's one of the possibilities..." White said, deep in thought.

When the survivors opened the gate and left, Michiko and White were waiting for Jack to come out. "He's taking him time, isn't he?" Michiko said. "Let's go."

Michiko dashed down as White threw his umbrella down. The umbrella hovered a few feet above the ground and Black came out from it.

Michiko looked around the church but there was no sign of Jack.

"Down here," Black said, halfway down the steps. Michiko followed and saw Jack sleeping on the ground. "Jack!" she said as she rushed to his side. "Wake up!"

Jack whined as he turned. "Five more minutes mum..." he mumbled.

"Mum? I'm not your mother," Michiko said as she shook him. "Wake up!"

Jack unwillingly forced his heavy eyelids open. He blinked a few times before knowing where he was. "Michiko? Black?" he said. "What are you doing here?"

He looked around and noticed he was in a cellar. "What am I doing here?"

"You honestly don't remember?" Black said. "You were playing a match just now."

'Black,' White said.

"I know," Black muttered.

"Come on," Michiko said, giving Jack a hand. "Let's go back to the manor."

As the hunters strolled peacefully back to the manor, Michiko whispered to Black. "You said 'I know' just now. What did you know?"

"Oh," Black said as he realised what she was talking about. "White and I suspected that Jack was being possessed. But now he's back to normal..." he said worriedly.

Michiko's face lit up. "Isn't that a good thing?"

"No, it means that soul possessed someone else," Black said. "It could be the doctor or the mercenary we saw leave the church.."

"What're you guys talking about?" Jack asked.

"Hey Jack," Black said. "Do you remember when did we go to the park with the survivors?"

"The park?" Jack said and he tried to remember. "That was yesterday, wasn't it?"

Michiko and Black stopped in their tracks and so did Jack. "What?" Jack asked.

"That was a few days ago," Michiko said, her fan covered her mouth, worried.

"Did anything strange happen in the park? Or when you came back to the manor?" Black asked.

"I-I.. uh..." Jack said, trying his best to jog his memory back to that day. "I remember having a nice chat with my Naib before bed... and then..."

Jack froze as he remembered the letter. "And then what?" Black pressed on.

"I received a letter from the host... telling me to... stop loving Naib or else," Jack said, slowly growing anxious. "Is Naib okay?!"

"He seemed fine. Did you feel anything Black?" Michiko asked.

"I was too far away to sense anything," Black said. "Let's go back to the manor, we can check on him then."

When they got back to the manor, Black, Michiko, and Jack went to spy on the survivors. They saw Naib ignore Kurt's greeting and hurriedly went to his room.

"What's wrong with him?" Kurt said.

Emily sighed. "He's probably upset Jack fell asleep on him..."

The three hunters followed Naib to his room. They watched him as he went to write his diary. "Yup, there's definitely something in him," Black whispered.

"In him?" Jack said, emphasising the word 'in'.

Michiko covered half her face with her fan in worry. "What do we do?" she said.

"If we could get it out of his body, I can trap the soul in my umbrella, but only for a while," Black whispered.

"I can hear you whispering back there," Naib said suddenly. He turned around and revealed his blood red eyes that were usually blue.

******

A/N:
*sniff*
I cringe every time I read this and yet you guys are somehow liking this. T^T
Thank youuu! ;w;

Don't forget to follow these amazing people of the Identity V squad by @AzuraLiz!
Gardener - luminescentie
Coordinator - AzuraLiz
Mercenary - Toki_TokenNa
Lawyer - FreddyRiley
Mechanic - TZYzOeY
Geisha - Lollipop11213345