{18}

A/N:
The art above does not belong to me. Credit to the artist!

******

When Jack left, Naib turned off the lights and went to bed. 'That was weird. What was all that about?' He thought before drifting off to sleep.

A few days had passed, and Naib never heard of Jack ever since. He was starting to worry that he actually died. 'No.. that's impossible. If he died Michiko or Wu Chang would've told me something.'

Then, he heard a voice from the other side of the wall calling him. It was Michiko. "Good morning Michiko," he greeted.

"Good morning. Hey, you're playing the next round, right?" said Michiko.

"Yeah?" Naib said.

"I have to tell you something," she said eagerly. "It's about Jack."

"He didn't die, did he?" he said.

"No... but he's acting strange... After knowing that you're playing next, he was eager to play the hunter."

"Isn't that normal?" Naib asked.

"Usually, yes. But his tone seemed different. Also, Wu Chang said he could sense something in his soul, please be careful." Naib nodded.

Later that day, Naib and his teammates, William, Martha, and Emily, were getting ready for their next match. Ever since that day in the theme park, the survivors were not so scared of playing anymore.

Martha was practicing aiming her flare gun. "I wonder who's our next opponent," she said confidently.

Emily smirked. "If Naib is here, it's probably Jack~" she teased.

Naib just sighed. 'Kurt is not good at keeping secrets...' he thought.

"Don't worry bro," said William. "You spend as much time as you want with him, we'll keep decoding."

"Sure," Naib said.

Meanwhile, Jack was about to leave for his game. He grabbed the door handle before hearing Michiko call him. "Have fun Jack~" Michiko said.

Jack didn't reply and left. Michiko frowned. "Something is seriously wrong.." she muttered. "His eyes are scary, even for me!"

"Should we follow him?" White asked.

"Yeah," Michiko said.

'White, you feel it too, don't you?' Black asked.

"Yeah, it's the same."

Michiko turned around. "Huh? What?"

"I was talking to Black. He said he felt the same thing as us, for Jack," White explained. "It's like two souls are living in one body."

Michiko's eyes widened. "We need to follow him!" she said.

White nodded before they head off. When they reached The Red Church, Michiko watched the entire map from above. White was beside her, standing on a platform of light.

(You know, the light platform you can see with Wu Chang's limited costume)

They saw the four survivors decoding. Soon, fog surrounded every one on them. 'This is just brilliant,' Naib thought as he continued to type.

He felt his heartbeat increasing. 'Please be careful,' Michiko's words rang in his head before a tall shadow covered him. He slowly turned around to see Jack.

He looked nothing out of the ordinary, the only thing strange is that his eyes were blood red. 'Detention?' Naib thought. 'No... the cipher machines are not done decoding yet.'

"Why aren't you running?" Jack asked.

"I'm not scared of you, why should I?" Naib said. His hands were ready in case anything happens.

"You seem to have mistaken me for someone else," Jack said before swung at him.

Naib propelled himself away and ran to the small abandoned building. He tried to jump through the window to get a boost but Jack managed to terror shock him.

He laughed insanely as Naib continued to run. "Let's see how long you last..."

Half a minute later, Naib was incapacitated behind one of the chairs in the church. It wasn't long before Jack entered the church. "Where are you~?" he sang.

Jack paced around the church for a while before coming up to the chair where Naib was hiding. "There you are~!"

Jack picked Naib up bridal style and went down the steps to the cellar. Naib struggled to get off and made Jack walk into a wall. He groaned and said, "Hold still."

"You're.. you're not Jack," said Naib. "Who are you?"

"Hmm... you're clever," Jack said. "I'm just a spirit. Unlike Jack, I'm doing what I'm supposed to do."

Then, he tied Naib to a rocket chair. "What have you done to Jack?" Naib said.

"Why do you care? You don't feel anything for him, do you?"

Naib shoot him a glare. Jack smirked, "Unless... that cold face is just a mask, and deep down you really love him?"

Jack giggled hysterically. "I just got a better idea. I'll take over you instead."

Then, a black smoke-like thing came out of Jack and into Naib. Naib gasped as he felt something enter his body, taking over his mind.

He gritted his teeth, trying to stay conscious. But every second that passes, his world became darker. And with every second, he's losing energy. He could just about see Jack passed out on the ground. "Jack..." was all he could say before his world became black.

******

A/N:
Sorry for the late update, been a bit busy...
Thank you for reading~

And don't forget to follow the humans of the Identity V squad by @AzuraLiz!
Gardener - luminescentie
Coordinator - AzuraLiz
Mercenary - Toki_TokenNa
Lawyer - FreddyRiley
Mechanic - TZYzOeY
Geisha - Lollipop11213345