Day Four~ Super Spells

{MALEAH'S P.O.V}

It was very early in the morning. Bethany's mother was awake so Bethany had told her mother that her and I were going to the park but really, we were going swimming in the ocean nearby. Bethany and I live in Ocean City, NJ. We live in beach houses right next to the ocean. It's really cool. So we just have to tell our parents that we're going to the beach, they'd just let us go. Because it's right there.

So we went swimming.

"A DOLPHIN!" Bethany shrilled! Making bubbles as she was swimming towards the creature.

"Awesome! Let's see if it's friendly!" We swam towards the dolphin. But Beth was wrong. It wasn't a dolphin.

"SHARKKKKK!!!!!" We both yelled. I kicked the shark in the face and we swam back to the shore as fast as we could.

{BETHANY'S P.O.V}

"That was traumatizing!!!" I panted.

"That really was." Maleah started to wheeze.

I wanted to go back to Maleah's home. "Let's go back to your house." I told Maleah. "But I don't want to. If I go back home, I'll have to read books!" Maleah complained.

"Then I'll read with you." I told her.

"Really?" Maleah asked.

"Yea-a-ah." I replied.

{THE ACTUAL STORY}

Maleah lifted up the Mat and picked up the house key from under the mat.

Maleah opened the door and then Bethany came running up the spiral stairs into Maleah's room.

"Man, you're fast!" Maleah coughed.

"Eh, I had a hunch. Watch."

Bethany had crab-walked towards the bookshelf. Then picked out the biggest book of all; which had a Christmas cover.

"We're reading a book about Christmas?" Maleah wondered.

"Watch." Bethany opened the book when it was actually a bookcase for spells.

"Nice-e." Maleah complimented.

"Thanks." Bethany said.

{MALEAH'S P.O.V}

I went through the papers and saw something.

"Beth, these are mermaid spells!" I jumped around my room holding the book close.

"Awesome!! Lemme try one." Beth grabbed the book.

"There are six spells. We each could take three." I said.

"Oo-oh! I want the moon resistance spell!" Bethany took the paper and read it aloud.

"Wait, we need to save that for tonight, because tonight is a full moon and the spell only lasts an hour!" I informed Beth.

"Fine." Beth crossed her arms.