Chapter 29 - Showing

Start from the beginning

"Like?"

She simply shakes her head, pressing her lips together. "I'm not going to give you any weird or crazy ideas. You can be a bit stubborn. Just stay inside."

"Okay." I lie, I know I'm lying. I know it has anything to do with almost drowning, and I saw a swimming pool right before the garage stole away the view at it. "I'll stay inside."

"Good, thank you." She leans to peck a kiss on my cheek. "You remembered Finn's new nickname, and that's a start. Let your brain decide what you can and cannot remember, okay?"

"..." I stare at her, unsurely on how to act. Because I'm not sure if me remembering him being called 'pretty boy' is simply because my brain is slowly making progress, or that it's triggered because they took me to that apartment and I remembered being there with him two years ago.

"Now, go and don't make Cady wait any longer. She's been really eager to see the both of you again."

I nod, and wake Finnley up before grabbing our bags to carry the inside.

The front door was already opened by the time I left the passenger seat to the car, aunt Cady walking over to take Finn's bag from my hold as soon as I grabbed it from the back seat.

Liv and Lara are both on their socks, jumping in their spots with wide smirks on their faces, excited because we're visiting them.

"Hi Finn!" Liv chirps happily as soon as he smiles sleepily. "Can we do a tea party until dinner is ready? I miss our tea parties."

"We can, yes." He nods, stretches and yawns shamelessly. "But don't mind my sleepy head, I'm really tired at the moment."

"Then why don't you go and lay down for about an hour, and you do the tea party tomorrow before your friends are picking you up?" Aunt Cady suggests while waving towards mom, who's backing out of the drive way.

I wave shortly too, before I turn around, surprised because Liv is in front of me with a wide smile.

"You join too, right?"

"I will, yeah." I smile, unsurely on how to act. I haven't seen them for so long, Liv was only just a baby the last time I rememberseeing them.

"Liv," Lara hisses, pulling her away from me as aunt Cady puts our bags in the hallway, leading us further into the house. "You know mom told us to give him some space."

"So ehm..." I ask hesitantly, while Lara took Liv towards a room to play. I stop my words as we enter the kitchen and I find an unfamiliar guy cutting up some vegetables.

"Yes?" Finnley hums, putting his arms around my waist from behind, putting his chin on my shoulder.

"Where's your uncle Dave?" I whisper, as aunt Cady left us to put our bags in a bedroom that apparently is Finn's own room in this house.

"Oh... right." Finnley clears his throat, while the stranger in the kitchen sends us a small smile. "Uncle Dave died two years ago. Had a heart-attack in his sleep..." Finnley mutters, sounding a bit sad. "Rumour has it – if we can believe Lara – aunt Cady is dating a new guy."

"Oh, wow..." I frown, leaning a bit into his hold. "I'm sorry to hear that..."

"It's fine. You might not remember, but we do and we processed it." Finnley pecks a kiss into my neck, making me shudder, before he yawns again.

"Hi guys." The guy speaks up as soon as we fell silent, offering me a hand after using a towel to wipe his hand dry from washing it. "I'm Jason."

"Oh!" I call out, a bit excited. "I remember your face!"