Chapter 28 - The Little Minx.

Start from the beginning

What happened to Jen? Is she's fine? I stood up from my chair and walked out of my cabin to go to Mrs Lau's.

Maybe she might know the reason.

I knocked on her door and she let me in right away.

"Hey, dear. What's up? Does Nathan asked for something?  " her asked coolly while leaning onto her desk.

"Nothing's that sort of, Mrs Lau. I just...wanted to know about what happened to Jen? You know, his former personal assistant. " I asked her and she gawked at me while thinking.

"Oh, that young lady. She quit a week ago and when I asked her the reason, she said that it was a personal thing. " she let me know and I nodded at the information.

"Does Nathan aware about this? " I questioned her after some time.

"Yes, he do. They both might have talked about this rumour going on about them and if I'm right, maybe that is why she quit." she informed and I was curious about the rumour she mentioned.

"Rumour going on about them? What's that? " I asked her, unknowingly feeling very bothered about this fact.

"Don't you know? Oh, right. Your not into gossips, aren't you? Everyone around here figured it out that Jen loves the CEO, she's like head over heels with him and I also heard them gossiping about once when Jen tried to make a move on Nathan. But, I didn't hear anything further so I don't know what really happened. " she said and I was feeling all kind of rage in myself.

That little minx, I grunted into my head and how dare she tried to make a move on my husband?

"Thank you, Mrs Lau. I...was just worried about her sudden turnover. " I assured her with a forced smile and walked away from her cabin.

But what really happened after she made a move? Did she...succeed?

Oh, don't cry Ishita. Don't cry. I respirate my breathing and I heard a knock on my door, knowing that I had to resume my work again.

*****

More than a month of continuous mind wrecking and I was not myself any longer. I was controlling so bad to not act up to him but it only got worsen after I met up with that little minx, Jen.

Flashback*

I was waiting for Sally on our favorite cafe as she nagged for a meet up so that we could celebrate my new job joining and I saw Jen walking in with some of her group mates, I guess.

I felt like avoiding her but accidentally our eyes met and I was forced to act cool as she has no idea about Nathan being married to me.

"Hello, miss Ishita. How your doing? " she asked with a smile and all I'm feeling right now was to wring her neck.

"I'm fine. How about you and your mother? " I asked her back, maintaining the cool facade.

"We are doing good. I really missed you and I really felt bad to leave without even saying goodbye to you. " she said, gesturing her friends to give her some time as she sits along me.

"That's okay, actually. I'm glad that your doing good. " I uttered and she smiled before looking away shyly. Her cheeks crepting up in blushes.

"How's...Nathan? " Oh, God. Please give me some patience to handle this calmly.

"He's doing good. " That's how simply I replied.

"I missed him so much" she said, bowing her head in shyness and I rolled my eyes.

"I heard that your quiting too? " she asked and I just nodded, calming down the anger that builds in me.

"So you won't be joining the company's annual dinner party? " she asked.

"I don't know yet. Maybe I would, but only if I got invited from someone there. " I replied, remembering the annual dinner coming up after a week of my turnover.

"Well, I really hope to see you there. " she said with a smile and I was confused. She was invited?

"Wait, you had already been invited? " I questioned her.

Shrugging briefly as her cheeks became red again, "Nathan wanted me there so I couldn't reject it. "

What the heck?

"Nathan invited you? " I shot the question and she nodded while mumbling, "Yes. "

My heart sunk on the thought, he wanted her there and till now he never bothered to tell me about this annual dinner?

I know that we are keeping up our profiles secretly but it doesn't mean that he could act it right away as if he's really not married.

Then, why did she even turnover her position?  Did something happened between them? Is he been two-timing us all this time? Is he in love with her? Then, why the loving act with me?

This same damn questions would flow in my head and I had even breakdown once, thinking that this might be the real him but all his loving gestures around me would scream against it and I couldn't even concentrate in my new workplace as I had been battling in between the truth and false.

Plus, my insecurities about relationships had flown up high and I was scared to know the truth.

But I couldn't back away. This is my husband, we are talking about, I just couldn't let my marriage life fall apart when I knew that I'm in love with him.

Since today is the annual dinner and even though, I had already been invited by Mrs Lau, I was expecting him to do so.

I decided to do the confirmation on my thoughts and as I saw him getting out of his room in a designer suit, I stopped him midway.

"Why don't you invite me to the annual dinner today? "