Unfortunately, her writing days ended with a severe writers block after the year of hell passed along with her divorce and the car accident that not only left a large scar across her stomach and around her waist, but also the mental scar of a miscarriage and an internal scar of infertility.

With that, the betrayal of her husband due to her severe depression and drinking problems had troubled her, finding him in their bed with that redhead she'd occasionally seen in his work place.

Chase Morris had been a nightmare to her and a constant reminder when she approached any man with intentions of flirting or whatnot. Saanvi has despised him just as much, probably even more for what he did to her and always encouraged Val to get out and get laid, 'chill a little' is what she would always say, but it never happened.

Valentina shook the thought of the devil from her head and cursed under her breath as she felt the pain in her chest and at the scar on her stomach, despite it not being there.

She dragged herself onwards into the library, greeting her fellow colleagues and her kid friend, Rami, who spent his early mornings clicking away on the mouse and bashing at the keyboard as he played a game of Neighbours from Hell. 

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Hearing the moderately loud volume of smooth music made Valentina roll her eyes as she unlocked the door to her apartment, scoffing when she spotted Saanvi and her boyfriend of five years devouring each other's face with pure love and ecstasy on her favourite couch.

"Get a house!" She called out, tossing the keys onto the counter and placing her handbag there too, walking off to the fridge and pouring herself a glass of cranberry juice.

"Hey Val~ !" Her best friend grinned at the sight of Valentina, a cheeky grin at that too. Saanvi was a beauty of her own and Valentina had always adored her, she was happy for her too when she'd finally found a great guy as Lyle Montgomery, a forensic psychiatrist who Saanvi always enjoyed bragging about over and over.

Pecking Lyle's cheek, Saanvi hopped off of his lap and walked over to give her best friend a bone crushing hug, placing a kiss on Valentina's cheek too and giggling as she witnessed her whine in disgust, just as expected.

"Don't give me your boyfriend's mouth germs you dork." Valentina whined, wiping her cheek and placing her finished cup down. "Where's Cole?"

Ah, Cole Hendrix, another member of their foolish squad. Cole had been there long before Lyle arrived and was another one of Valentina's closest friends. They'd all met back in college and had spent life together ever since, packed tightly together as they went through each other's chaotic roller coasters of life.

"He's running a bit late. I even heard he's bringing a friend along too. Someone with the name Seth." Saanvi winked at Valentina who felt a smile tugging at her lips.

"Is he bringing something with the name takeout too?" She asked, folding her arms and raising a brow, knowing the response she'd get as she was used to her reckless friends.

"Oh yeah, he asked if you could be a dear and get it this time." With that, Valentina rolled her eyes playfully and grabbed her handbag, her keys too in case before walking towards the door.

"Fine, but then I get to pick today's first movie," She said with pride, waving at her friend who pounced at her boyfriend with lust. A chuckle escaped her lips, shaking her head. "And get off my damn couch!"