"Yes, but isn't today your squad's day to switch roles with the other Spades?" He asked staring at me out of the corner of his eye. Yeah, this was the day that I can have a full three weeks off, however, I can't do anything else but work since I can't visit Hitomi. I'm like a babysitter to Hitomi, but instead being a caretaker I'm actually her boyfriend that just calms her down and one that enjoys playing rough, even risking getting claw marks on the back.

I nodded my head confirming that today was the day that I switch with the other Spades of the House of Cards. Shidou smiles and holds up a piece of paper. Now I wasn't sure why he was handing me the paper, but it had to do with something with Hitomi since he usually let me be with her during my breaks.

Taking the paper from his hand I looked at him, a bit skeptical as I opened it up. My eyes widen as read the note itself. I was being transferred of duty as a Spade to be a private guard to Hitomi. Now there was something up that had Shidou himself to assign me to be a private guard to my girlfriend for a reason, he always has reasons why.

"When word gets out that Leo was defeated by Hitomi many other therianthropes would try and fight her outside of the Killing Bites rules, meaning if she kills her opponent she will not be able to fight on the island. So I'm personally assigning you as a private guard for Hitomi, but you must not bring any weapons that would blow your cover or do anything that will draw attention to you." This was an order from the man himself who created the therianthropes, his orders to the House of Cards was one that every card must listen to. He made this elite squad of random men and they would listen to him than anyone the most because how he made this entire House of Cards.

With a single nod, I got up from my seat and took a swig out of the bottle taking three gulps to empty it. I could tell that early in the morning I needed to be ready than just sleeping in like I normally do.

[Time Skip]

This wasn't what I had planned in mind. Meeting Hitomi and the guy that's supposed to be the best money to let her fight in the Killing Bites. Waking up five in the morning was something I'm both used to and not at the same time because whenever I'm not on duty I just sleep in, but when I am I can feel myself clinging onto survival as if my life depends on it. Well, it does because how three cards love to do rude wake-up calls when someone sleeps past five in the morning.

The drive to a certain cafe where we're supposed to meet Hitomi and the man, that she spared last night, wasn't a long drive at all. I get why he was spared because how he's now a puppet to Shidou, one that Shidou could easily clean up. Manipulating someone rather than doing yourself is like being there in their shoes. I know it may be messed up to know and hear about, however, that's life when you stumbled upon a secret fight of therianthropes.

Shidou and I were gonna meet Hitomi and the guy, I didn't know his name so I'm calling him that. From what I only know is that the guy is lucky to survive and witness a Killer Bite match than just being killed straight away after the match was done. However, that doesn't push the thought aside of him groping my girlfriend's boobs before the match start, Hitomi told me everything, and how he and a few fellows of his tried to kidnap her. Now the thought of just killing him at the junkyard this occurred to me, but after the radio in with Shidou direct orders to let him live I have to go against that thought of just cutting his throat and watching him struggle to live.

"(Y/N)!!!" Right after I just entered the cafe I was immediately tackled by Hitomi. It's normally like this when she sees me when I'm off of work she's all lovable, cute, and kind than what most people see her as when Shidou or I am not around.

Having her slam into me nearly knocked me off my feet, but thankfully she was in her human self than being in her therianthrope honey badger form. I wrap my arms around her and rest my chin on her head. Whatever shampoo Hitomi used made her smell like honey...wait no that's from the cafe itself smelling like honey. Honey that's what she likes to eat for sweets, I don't know why but that's what she likes.