Return to Happiness

Lara

Wow. This place was fantastic. We had driven about four hours to get to this paradise. Our room overlooked an amazing view of the Alps, with their snow covered tops. Manuel lay beside me snoring to his hearts content. He looked so cute when he was asleep. I crawled onto him and pecked his mouth. His eyes opened slowly and he smiled. I snuggled into him. He stroked my hair, "We have to release something to the press" I groaned and climbed onto him, "Doesn't have to be done now though..." I slowly kissed his lips. How I had missed this.

Manuel

I was happy again. I felt elated ever since we left Munich. Not only was this place awesome, Lara and I had patched things up and things were looking up again. This was the Holiday that we wanted, even if it was in the Alps and not sunny St Tropez. The people at the hotel are absolutely amazing, they've kept us away from the other guests and have showered us in gifts. "What you thinking about?" Lara was coming out of the bathroom. I smiled at her, "Oh you know, the fact that I'm back with you and that I feel happy again" I got up and kissed her. I pulled her into me and whispered, "I love you." She giggled, "I love you too." She looked up to me and kissed me.

Lara

Later that day Manuel had gone for a walk around the gardens. It started to get dark and he still wasn't back. Being the worrier, I followed the path towards the gardens. All around the garden were little fairy lights that cast the shadows of the flowers and bushes on the path. It was beautiful, I hadn't taken much notice of the garden before. I passed the old house and the conservatory, following the path that led to the lake. As I got closer I could hear music playing.

Manuel

I was so nervous... I felt like melting into the floor. Would she be surprised? Happy? This was worse than any other football match.

Lara

He stood right in the middle of the heart. Manuel looked so sexy, it was difficult to not start drooling. Around him were little tea lights in pink glasses. They formed the shape of the heart. There were flowers too, peony roses and calla lilies strewn on the floor. What was all this fuss about?, I thought as I walked closer to him. He turned around as he heard me coming.

Manuel

Sub-consciously she planned well, because just as I saw her, our song came on, "We keep this love in a photograph.."

Lara

Oh my god! This can't be true. I started to cry as I realised what was happening. I entered the heart shape and he pulled me into him. He too was crying.

"We have gone through way too much in the past couple of months, I feel that it was a test. A test to prove to ourselves that we are our destinies. This is meant to be, we are meant for each other. I'm so deeply sorry for everything that has happened, we were both in the dumps..." He had to stop, this was too cute. "But we fought through it like warriors of love. You and I. I knew when I saw you for the first time that you were the one. With your blonde hair and your baby pink nail varnish, you swept me away. I love you so much and I want to spend the rest of my life with you, only you." Shaking he got down on his knee...

Manuel

"Lara Melanie Brinker, will you do me the honour of marrying me?" God my heart was beating, so loud. She looked so beautiful. "Yes!" She leaped into my arms. Our lifetime together was just starting.