"When did you find out?" I interrupted.

"What?" Matt asked.

"When did you find out that she was your mate?" I repeated.

"A couple of days ago. I was originally stopping by considering I haven't been back and spending time down in the bayou but I sensed her and went after her," Matt explained.

"Is she what you expected? Everything you desire in life?" I asked, the pain in my chest returning. I could tell I needed Jacob with me but I was too mad at him and we had a lot to talk about.

"The first fews days, yeah. We got to know each other, I claimed her, we mated, it seemed like I finally found someone to make up from you," Matt told me.

"But?" I asked knowing it was coming. Matt looked around the room as if the floor would explain it for him. "She changed. It was like I was a twenty five cent piece to some collection," Matt answered.

"When?" I asked.

"She asked why I was headed this way. I explained that you were my friend and it caught her on a completely different course," Matt said.

"You knew she was after me?"

"No. She had been telling me she had business to attend, but when she'd come back she'd ask about you-"

"And you never assumed that your mate is some freak who wants to broadcast my death to everyone?!" I interrupted, my voice raising. If I wasn't in the situation I would blame hormones.

If only I could blame hormones....

"She's still my mate!" Matt hissed.

"But she is going to kill me, your best friend. And my pack! That's innocent people! I don't want to say this but she is just like Vincent," I replied. Matt stood up in an instant, his eyes burning with anger. "Don't you ever, ever compare her to that ruthless piece of scum! She is not like him. She is not going to kill them," Matt growled.

"But she'll kill me, Matty. How long have you known me? And how long have you known her? Explain to me why you're picking her side," I told him.

"Then explain to me why you chose Scott," Matt replied. I rolled my eyes.

"We don't need to get into that again, you know how long ago that was? It feels like years. I'm pregnant, an Alpha, and you're an Alpha now and no longer in New Orleans, we've changed and found our mates. It's time to move along," I told him.

"Astrid, I need you to understand what she's doing is right," Matt pleaded. I shook my head. "Killing me and my baby is not right. I will not let this child die. Killing innocent people is not right. I don't care if it's me but my baby, other She Alphas, those guys do not deserve this," I explained.

"She was the first she alpha," Matt assured me. I rolled my eyes. "I'm glad you had faith in me."

"Astrid, can you just listen?"

"Why should I? She is just as bad as Vincent and you know it." Matt jolted up, his eyes turning dark with hatred. "Do not compare her to that filthy piece of scum!" he yelled.

"Why not? You and I both know it's true," I replied.

Matt glared at me. "Matty, you need to focus. She is not good for you, mate or not," I assured him.

"I don't judge your mate. Do not judge mine," Matt warned.

"I'm trying to tell you what's best," I said.

"No," Matt told me, "You're trying to save yourself."

"If so, at least I'm not killing others," I replied.

"Who says you won't?" Matt asked.

"Well I know you're mate will, she told me," I assured him. Matt grabbed onto the bars, his eyes the darkest I have ever seen them. "You will not say anything against my mate. If you do anything to try and hurt her, I will personally kill you myself," Matt snarled. I slid up against the wall and stood to my feet and walked towards him. The bars the only thing separating us.

"Are you threatening me?" I asked.

"And if I am?" Matt replied.

"You're making a big mistake," I warned.

"And you're making one bigger," Matt said.

"Go to Hell," I hissed. Matt backed away with a smirk. "Oh I will, I gladly will."

"Now Matthew, no need to tighten up our sweet Astrid, she needs to rest," someone chimed. I looked over, my focus on Matt pushed away. Abby walked over and rested her elbow on Matt's shoulder. He looked down at the ground hiding his face from my eyes. "I really do hope you like it here," Abby said. She turned to Matt and grabbed his hand. "Come on Matthew, we have business to attend to," she said. They turned around and started to walk away. "I can't believe you were ever my friend, Matt. You're not the same as you once were. But maybe I'll just have to move on and accept that," I told Matt, he paused as I was in mid sentence, "Accept the fact that I don't think I'll see that Matt I saw with the food fight or helped me when Alicia and Nathan fought or squirted me with a water gun in our water fight. I guess he can be dead to me now."

"Matthew, come on," Abby barked. Matt looked back at me, his eyes glassy. Something wasn't right. What is it? I mouthed. Matt just shook his head slightly. "Matt!" Abby barked again. This time she pulled his arm and away from me.

He wasn't okay. He knew it was wrong. Then why was he telling me all of that stuff before?

Once the thought dawned on me, I looked up from the ground and to where my friend last stood. "Abigail," I said softly.

---------------------------------------

What do you think Abigail did?

*bites nails off... jk*

You can see some similarities between Vincent and Abigail but they're not related. Harley is and if you want to read her book, I'm starting to work on it and some chapters are up so if you haven't yet, go add it if you want to. It's called:

HARLEY'S WAY