𝟶𝟷: 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚏𝚊𝚛

Start from the beginning

The truth is, there aren't many things that separated Gazzy and I because we were practically the same person. We both had been unsupported by our families in anything we wanted to do simply because they didn't believe we could amount to shit. I was labelled as a violent person with a short fuse who never really gave a fuck about anything unless it was a benefit to me, and Gazzy was labelled as a retard who couldn't tell left from right. But everyone who doubted us was, and they still are wrong. Gazzy and I had so much potential and we were going to prove that to anyone who thinks they could stand in our way because we were doing this for ourselves, and not for the approval of others.

When I pulled into the parking lot I checked my phone to notice that we were 15 minutes late. I cursed lowly underneath my breath while getting out of the car hastily rushing towards the main doors of the police department. I pulled Gazzy along with me stopping once we reached the front desk. The young white woman who sat there looked up at us with a disgusted expression that made me want to knock the air out of her lungs. You've never seen human beings before?

"Uh, who are you?" She questioned with a sharp tone while eyeing us. I could've gone about this the way I wanted to; squared up with her since my hands are bisexual then go about my day. But I really couldn't blame her for taking us as some sort of joke. Gazzy and I had face tattoos littered all over our faces along with some on our chest that we managed to cover up with clothing. I was dressed in black tight fitted jeans and a red button up flannel that couldn't cover the faded elephant tattoo on my neck I got when I was 15.
Gazzy was dressed in the only suit he said he had, which was a blue blazer that had tiger prints on it with blue slacks to top it off.

At least now I knew that we'd have to do some shopping after today

"Jahseh Onfroy," I responded politely before gesturing over towards Gazzy who had the brightest smile on his face exposing his braces. "And this is Gazzy García, an intern."

She scoffed loudly almost as if she wanted to laugh and I was 10 seconds away from ripping those blonde clip on hair pieces from her scalp. Luckily, the Police Chief approached us from behind her desk with a stern expression.

"Mr. Pineiro," the girl spoke up as she quickly shot up out of her seat to greet him. Her whole demeanor had changed and now she looked as if she was ready to jump his bones. The things people will do to get on top.

"These.. men came here. I don't know what they're here for."

It was almost as if Gazzy knew what I was about to do next because he immediately locked his hand around my wrist and pulled me back to stand beside him. I shot the woman a glare who seemed satisfied as if she had completed something great.

"These men are very important people who work in our department," he retorted while sizing her up. "I don't expect you to understand the importance of their presence either way, Ms. Wood. Get back to work."

That's the one thing I had always liked about Omar, or Mr. PiNeiRo. He was the one who decided to give me a chance since most people are stereotypical and don't give jobs to black boys with tattoos, face tattoos especially all over their body. Omar himself had his number of tattoos and saw something in us that I didn't see in myself at the time and that's something I'll forever be grateful for.

I childishly stuck my tongue out at I wish a bitch Wood as Omar escorted us through the department right after a security check. The place was filled with people running to take calls, taking criminal and victims in for questioning and other things I tried to stay on top of. He showed us to a room filled with people at a large oval desk discussing what I assumed to be another case.

"I can't thank you enough for this. I promise, I won't let you down," I said to him. He had a distraught look on his face as he proceeded to glance between Gazzy and I, but keeping his eyes more on Gazzy.

"Don't thank me just yet," he sighed in a defeating tone. "I'm unable to give you the position just yet because everyone else thinks that this is some type of joke. They're willing to do whatever it takes to prove me wrong and vote you out of this position but I know you won't let me down, right?"

"What the fuck?" I finally spoke up, causing some people to stop their tasks and eavesdrop on the conversation. "I worked day and night to get here, and you're just gonna let some opinionated ass people take it from me?"

"They're not taking it from you, Jah," Gazzy turned to me with sad eyes placing his hands against my shoulder. "You just have to prove you're worthy of this position to everyone when really, you're just doing it for yourself. They won't know what hit them."

"Your friend knows what he's talking about," Omar added on licking his lips before clearing his throat. "And you can start by getting in their since you're 20 minutes late on our biggest case yet, get in there. Now you, come with me." He pointed to Gazzy who I noticed was blushing uncontrollably under Omar's demanding tone. He quickly hugged me tightly wishing me nothing but the best before scurrying behind Omar's giraffe figure. I inhaled deeply before entering the room filled with people dressed in expensive attires and accessories but that didn't make me feel any less than my worth. I knew I belonged here, just like every other person in this room minus the people who didn't have to work for shit because daddy drives a Rolls Royce and makes more money than I've spent in my lifetime.

I quietly walked in with my head held high taking the closest empty seat I could find while all eyes were on me. Y'all tryna fuck or something?

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," I smiled at everyone at the desk who quickly looked away as if I couldn't notice them eye fucking and judging me.
God give me strength.