Chapter 3

Hey peoples, sorry for the short chapter. This has been an awkward couple of weeks of self contemplation.

Warning: The language in this chapter isn't exactly kid appropriate. Tyler sort of loosens his tie in this chapter.

Tyler was heading out to his car around six for once. He almost shouted with joy the moment he realized he could actually leave before seven. A moment later, he found himself following the new hire towards the back doors. While walking behind Richie, he noticed the not-so-subtle sneers being thrown at the young man. Tyler sighed at people's ignorance. Apparently he sighed too loudly because Richie whipped around. Tyler met his wide eyes with an uninspired yawn. "What?"

Richie shook his head and turned back around, "Nothing, I just thought you were someone else."

Tyler frowned slightly, "Who did you think I was?"

"No one," Richie answered curtly.

Tyler glared at the back of Richie's head and grabbed him collar, promptly pulling him to a stop. "I asked a question and I want a proper answer."

"Did you seriously just grab my collar?" Richie asked, his temper quickly flaring, "You do not grab people's collars."

Tyler rolled his eyes, "Do all gay guys whine as much as you?"

"Depends, do you treat all gay guys like animals?"

"Not particularly. I treat all kids like animals, mostly because they are."

Richie sighed loudly, "You're incorrigible."

"And you bitch more than my wife," Tyler released him and continued walking.

"I do not bitch," Richie spat then scurried after Tyler after realizing that he wasn't going to stop. "I do not bitch," he repeated stubbornly, "I just don't understand how you can be so rude."

"Well," Tyler said sarcastically, "It all starts with not giving a damn and the rest comes naturally."

He opened the back door to the parking lot and left a stunned Richie behind. Richie snapped out of his trance and brushed past Tyler rudely to get to his car. Instead of even pretending to be offended, Tyler rolled his eyes and opened his truck door and slid in. He also watched as Richie hopped into his car a few parking spots away, still fuming, and pulled off. Tyler strapped on his seat belt and started his car, still watching Richie drive carelessly out of the parking lot. He was also watching when a car slammed into Richie's car, passenger side. The force sent Richie's car off the street, onto the sidewalk while the car that hit him drove off like the hounds of hell were on their heel. Thankfully, no one was close enough to get hurt but the few who were over to the side stared, gapping.

Tyler gapped along with them for a couple minutes before jumping out of his car. He struggled to unhook his seatbelt, which now strangled him like a snake, and sprinted across the parking lot murmuring, "Shit, shit, shit, shit." He pulled at Richie's door and groaned when he realized that it was still locked so he ran to the other side. The collision had forced the passenger door open and Tyler crawled inside. His heart shattered when he saw the young man bleeding profusely from a cut on his forehead. Tyler undid his seatbelt and hooked his arms under the younger man's arms and pulled him gently out of the car. He didn't let Richie touch the ground but carried him in a bridal hold safely away from the car. There was some applause over to the side but Tyler ignored it and laid the poor man gently on the ground far from the car so he could see the damage. Thankfully, the gash on his head seemed to be the only injury he had.

"I already called the ambulance," a gentle female voice above him said, "They're on their way."

Tyler grunted, "Did anyone get that fucker's license plate number?"