We Are Family ; 45

A couple of weeks later

"Can I come to Lana's birthday party!" Millie, who has just celebrated her 5th birthday, asks. "You might have to ask your mum." Syd will probably say no. Although recently she does like dumping her daughter on me and Kitty, who really knows with Syd. "Can I hold Lana?!" Millie excitedly says as I nod my head smiling. "She doesn't really like to be held, you can let her sit on you, or rest against you." Lana is playing with big blocks of Lego. She looks very intrigued.

With that Millie does as she's told and more or less picks Lana up and let's her sit in between her lap so she is helping her sit up. "Wow!" I enthusiastically say as I can't help but smile. "You're...such a great cousin." These two little mere's are gonna grow up together, which means my daughter is gonna be under bad influence. I mean Lana is already doomed with mine and Kitty's weird parenting. "Best friends forever!" I go to tell Millie maybe she shouldn't hug Lana so tight, but instead of crying like I though she would Lana randomly laughs. She adores Millie.

I shake my head at their randomness while Syd and Kitty walks into the room. "How are you guys doing?" Kitty asks as she kneels down on the floor besides me and strokes Lana's cheek. Lana seems to be living her best life without a care in the world right now, it's nice to see that she's got over her illnesses just in time for her birthday. "We're good. I'm just saying to Millie how she is a great cousin." Millie is the type of cousin me and Syd wish we had. Syd nods her head agreeingly as she takes a picture of them both.

"The Smith's future is definitely female." She laughs as Kitty shakes her head. I only notice because Syd looks in her direction confusedly. "What do you mean no?" I mean I could point the obvious out that Millie and Lana are two little girls. Kitty then freezes for a second, "I mean..." her voice trails off. "It can't be female if...for instance I say that I'm seventeen weeks pregnant with a baby boy." That's when I immediately hug her. "Oh my god! Ohmygod! I'm going to cry! I'm crying..." Syd says as she too jumps up and down on the spot.

"No way! No way!" I repeat as I back away from her. "Yup. I went to the doctors when I had a cold...she took down my other symptoms and made me do a test." With that I put my hand on her stomach as she excitedly nods her head. "No wonder why you've been miserable." With that she kisses me. "What's happening?" Millie asks looking either really distraught or confused. Her reaction is very funny to say the least.

"Good luck." Syd sarcastically says as both me and Kitty look at each other and almost cringe. "Uhm..." I nervously laugh. "When...a man...and a lady...love each their very much. They have special private time and" — I cut Kitty off as I dive my face into her shoulder — "why is this so hard!" She laughs while Millie is probably trying to wrap her head around what Kitty just said. "Millie. Your aunty is having another baby. Remember last year..." last year. Last year when we was trying for months to get lucky. This time we wasn't even trying. We never even talked about expanding our family because we was so thankful for Lana.

"Oh..." Millie says. "You was trying to teach her about sex." I whisper in Kitty's ear as she bursts out laughing. "Oh my god. It's not funny." She could've ruined Millie's fucking innocence and told her...oh my god. With that Kitty picks up Lana and hugs her tightly, "and you know that I thought I'd failed parenting. All I have to do is remind myself that my brother and sister-in-law are worse." I mean...that's not true. But Syd has a point. She always has a point.

"Are we gonna put on this Switch game then?" Kitty asks as she points to the new Switch Millie got for her birthday. "Yeah!" Millie shouts as she sets it up.

I cannot believe that we've made it this far. We've all grown up...matured. My little sister isn't so little anymore, she's still a cocky bitch. That will never change. I have a niece...which is still mind blowing because I thought Sydney had some common sense. It's weird to think that when I was 22 I got fucking evicted...I was basically homeless for like a day. But Syd's never been in that position and she literally pushed a human being out of...wow. I guess my 22 was easier compared to her 22.

If it wasn't for that stupid eviction...then I'd never of got to live with Kitty. We never would've...got this life. I mean knowing Kitty she probably would be a multimillionaire with her investment in Kitty's.

Without Kitty I'd be a fucking 30 something lowlife or whatever. I mean...I wouldn't have Bastille. We wouldn't have Lana and that's honest the worst thought ever. Even this new baby...fuck knows what I would've done without them and Kitty. They made me a better man.

I can't believe we're like nearly 11 years strong. It's fucking wicked.

; ~ ; ~ ; ~ ;

Anddddddddd done! This book was starting to get less reads/votes, I suspected it because there was no story, no villain or hero or whatever. I think this was a good attempt for my first Wattpad book! I got ranked 1st in a couple of tags! I might create bonus chapters, thank you so much for all of your support, it means more than words can say! x