The twin games

We were called down for dinner which was lasagna surprisingly but it was probably usually like this because Edward had changed from more formal clothes to sweatpants and a t-shirt exactly what I wished I was wearing right now and everything started to make since because we went back to our little living area upstairs and ate dinner because the grown ups were in a dinner meeting with people. "I'm going to call you Mandy " Eddie said "ok, fine by me" "that doesn't annoy you?" "no my brothers and friends call me that" "oh"
"Hey Eddie why do you hate Mandy?" Emmy said trying to dismiss the tension. "I don't hate you, Mandy I just can't think of a proper subject that is suitable for dear Emmy to hear but is yet also not a bore to our mature minds and ears" " hey Emmy I'm pretty sure Shakespeare over here is trying to tell you to go to your room so we can talk, not my words his." "fine ill go but I'm going to Mandy's room " "fine"
" How objective are you to arranged marriages?" He asked "um that's not what I was expecting. I don't know if I could get a divorce I'd be perfectly fine with it." "Ok because you kind of are" "what to who" "um well my friend lord Richard " "are you being legit serious" "no not one bit, no one has had an arranged marriage in 40 years" "ok good, now seriously though you can ask me anything, like absolutely anything, nothing's off limits." I say " I could seriously torment you about this, hmmmm what should it be... ill be a nice guy... would you ever consider going on a date with Lord Richard?" "wait the guy actually exists?" "yeah he actually is my friend and he's British, and he made me promise that if I thought he would like you I would get you to go on a date with him" "sure why not, I've got nothing to lose." "thank you Mandy, thank you." "Your welcome that's what twins are for" I said getting up to hug him and then walking over to the sink to rinse the plates "what are you doing?" "I'm rinsing the plates, would you like to help?" "no not really, you know you don't have to do that right." "yes I do know that but I was taught not only to be at the top of my class and to be independent I was also taught to marry into a good family with lots of money like mine and how to be a housewife of where ever." "you know your probably going to be the servants favorite person." "probably so" I said wiping off the table and then sweeping up the crumbs around the table "oh and just so you know I don't want there to be any kissing,hand holding, hugging, whispering, or sneaking off together when you with Lord Richard, do you understand?" "yes father" "I'm being serious I don't want my friendship with him messed up with him because of you or him falling for you, which no that I think of it can you not wear that when your with him" he said pointing to my strapless coral just above the knees dress "what would you like me to wear then a long sleeve turtle neck with jeans tall boots a ski mask, gloves, hat, and sunglasses." "do you think you could?" " no that's not happening, but I won't wear this and if it makes you happy i won't flirt, and ill be a rock with no emotions at all." "I guess that will have to do" "what do you think Emmy has been doing?" "we should probably check on her" "yeah" and when we opened the door to my room we found her laying on my bed flipping through channels on tv. "hey Emmy you should probably go to your room and sleep and let Mandy sleep" Eddie says like a sweet older brother "Emmy c'mon ill drag you there" he repeated "I'm going jeez, goodnight Mandy, Eddie " she said hugging both of us. "Goodnight sis" he said to me with a hug. "goodnight, bro" and then I crawled into bed took a sleeping pill to help with the jet lag and slept like a baby.
The next morning I woke up to Emmy and Eddie trying to wake me up. "Miranda Hudson wake up." Emmy said as Eddie was trying to shake me awake. "I'm up, I'm up, stop yelling!!!" "Ok, well come in when your dressed breakfast should be here soon" Eddie said. "Wait you two stand next to each other for a second" Emmy said "why?" "just do it!" "ok, calm down" I said getting out of bed to stand next to him. "wow you two really are twins!" " Yeah we are now can I please put on clothes and my face!!!!" I say "yes" "ok, now shoo Eddie shoo" "I'm going I'm going, relax" he said as we pushed him out the door. "can I help you get ready, please" Emmy begs "yeah sure you can choose what I should wear" "yea, when I try to do this with Eddie he usually objects and throws on sweatpants and a t-shirt" "aww I'm sorry, that's what he usually wears isn't it" "yeah it is, oh my gosh I have the exact same outfit, we could twin." "ooo yeah I love that outfit lets do that!!!" "ok, ill go put mine on!!!" "yea!!!" I said, it felt good to have a little sister she's like a mini me. she came in looking stunning as I was finishing my make up and taking out the last curler and setting with hairspray and makeup setter. and we walked out and Eddie just stared at us like we were aliens. "really, you two just had to do that didn't you" he said in a slightly irritated voice "yes yes we did have to" Emmy said "Mandy lord Richard is supposed to come today and I asked you to look unattractive, so as to there for make him unhappy with you as more than a friend." "I'm sorry but I refuse to look hideous, and I promised I wouldn't flirt, and I will try my very hardest to keep my word." "Thank you, now I think breakfast is here" "thank goodness I'm starving" Emmy says going to the door. we take the tray inside with the food and got drinks out of the little kitchen we have and wolfed it down and left for shopping in town.