Gregory waves a hand. "I couldn't agree more.. i'm sorry, i didn't catch your name."

Negan's eyes widen briefly. Jesus fucking Christ! Is this guy for real?! "Negan, i'm Negan."

Gregory smiles. "Well, i know you're all Negan, but-"

"No." Negan steps forward, staring at him coldly. "I am Negan."

Gregory glances at the barbwire bat on his shoulder, finally putting two and two together. He swallows thickly. "Negan. Well, it's a pleasure to-"

"Cut the shit," Negan interrupts. "We had a deal, asshole. And you've been falling way fucking short on your end of it. So short, that i came the fuck out here myself."

"I can assure you, it won't happen again," Gregory promises.

"Oh, i know it won't." Negan smiles. "Sarah."

Sarah turns to Negan, her heart pounding. The last person she'd expected him to pick out was her, maybe Dave, what with him being such a creepy piece of shit.

"Show them we mean business," Negan orders.

Sarah wastes no time, glancing briefly at the small gathering of people from Hilltop before she singles out a man, probably in his late thirties. She walks swiftly towards him, taking the knife from her belt and slitting his throat.

Negan watches her, struggling to keep his mouth closed as the people of Hilltop jump back, watching behind their hands as she plunges her knife through his chest over and over. Fuck! Negan clears his throat, turning towards Gregory, who's complexion is now a sickly grey. "As you can see, we don't take too kindly to being messed around."

Gregory shakes his head, his eyes wide. "N.. no, i understand that. I promise we'll do better next time."

"You'd better fucking had. Because next time, you will be on the receiving end. You don't have food? Then use your fucking head, and think up some other shit to offer me. You get your damn ass out there, and find me some good shit, hell, you got a fucking blacksmith, i'm sure he could make us something useful. Don't, make me do this again, you hear me?"

"Yes, sir." Gregory nods.

"Good." Negan glances at Sarah, her face, hands, and shirt splattered with blood. "You can ride back with me."

~

Sarah sits in the passenger seat, glancing every few seconds at Negan as he drives down the road.

He steps off the gas, bringing the truck to a stop, one of the other trucks pulling up beside him. "I'll catch up." Negan gestures with his hand for them to keep going.

"What's up?" Sarah frowns.

Negan leans his arm against the steering wheel, rubbing at his temples. "The fuck was that back there?"

"What?"

"When i said show them we mean business, i didn't mean stab the shit out of someone." Negan frowns. "I meant shoot someone in the fucking leg, or the arm."

"Oh." Sarah drops her head in disappointment.

"Oh? You just killed a fucking man, and you made me look real fucking stupid."

Sarah furrows her brows. "How did i make you look stupid?"

"Because i had a fucking plan, an entire fucking speech, but you just jumped the fucking gun. I could hardly stand there and talk about consequences and shit after you stabbed the fuck outta one of their guys."