22 ~ GRADUATING

~ MONTHS LATER ~

~ MONTHS LATER ~

"Ladies and Gentleman, Heroes, Parents and Students, welcome to Senior Graduation. It's so hard to believe that the last time we were gathered here, we were watching our wonderful Seniors find their partners and now, they're choosing their Hero names and presenting their super suits to us. This is one of the most important days in the lives of your young Supers. We thank you for joining us on this momentous occasion." Principal Powers greeted, looking out at the large hall of people who had gathered to say goodbye to the Seniors. "Over the past four years, I have watched your teenagers learn and grow. We have had good moments, disastrous moments and memories we'll never forget. It is with a heavy heart I bid them goodbye but I know the world will cherish them in the same way we, as a school, did. Without further ado, I present our new Heroes."

Numerous Hero pairs wandered on to the stage and received their diploma before announcing their Hero names and presenting their flashy suits. Steven and Josie Stronghold sat in the front row next to Elizabeth and Jackson Livingston, all four of them proudly waiting for their favourite pair to make their appearance.

"Jason Livingston and Astrid Stronghold." Principal Powers announced.

Ignoring the teasing comments about being called by his name, Lash grabbed Astrid's hand and dragged the nervous girl on stage. Death gripping the hand of her boyfriend, Astrid forced herself to walk onto the stage. However, they had to separate when Lash had to stand on one side of the stage whilst Astrid stood on the other. Shaking Principal Powers' hand, she smiled when the diploma was in her hand. She had done it. Somehow she had survived Senior Year with far more special things than a diploma.

Transforming into his Hero suit, Lash's shirt and tie transformed into an outfit that was similar in style to Steven Stronghold's but was white with black stripes, black gloves and black boots. It was void of a cape and his arm stretched out to twirl Astrid on the other side of stage. Once she had stopped spinning, her sundress had been replaced with a Supersuit similar to her Aunt's but it was white with blue stripes and gloves. A red cape hung from her shoulders and she winked at her Aunt and Uncle as they saw she had kept the Stronghold colours. Using her intangibility, she escaped from Lash's arm before disappearing from view. Their superhero names appeared on the board as she re-appeared by his side.

'Jason Livingston – Lash.'
'Astrid Stronghold – Phantom.'

Grinning at their niece, Josie and Steven couldn't help but think about how proud her father would be if he had been alive to see her on that stage. Not only was she graduating top of her class, she had made friendships that would last a lifetime and had found it in her heart to forgive the Hero that had once been a Villain.

Samuel wouldn't have wanted her holding back on following her heart because of what had happened to him so nothing would've made him happier than seeing the woman his little girl had grown into.