17 ~ RUSHING

Rushing around as she attempted to pack everything into her bag, a knock at the front door had her hobbling down the stairs with one shoe on her foot and the other in her hand

"Yes?"

"Morning."

Head snapping up at the sound of her Hero, Astrid smiled despite how flustered she was from her obstacle course down the stairs.

"You look ready for school." Lash joked, taking in the one shoe, flushed face and tangled hair.

Widening the door, she allowed him to enter the house before promising she would only be two minutes as she took the stairs two at a time. Eventually she appeared at the top of the stairs with both sneakers on, her hair brushed and her clothes straightened out. Grabbing her lunch from the bottom of the stairs, she stuffed it in her bag before calling out a goodbye to her mother.

"Morning." Astrid smiled, her flustered face back to its usual paleness.

"Busy morning?" Lash teased as he dodged the punch she aimed towards his arm.

"If you must know, I overslept because I was kept up late last night," she shot a pointed look at the culprit who wouldn't stop messaging her until gone 1am. "Anyway, if I had missed the bus, my Aunt would've given me a lift."

"Ah yes but then you wouldn't have the pleasure of my company." Lash joked, hesitant to address what had occurred between the two of them the previous night.

Luckily, Astrid appeared to the braver of the two and slipped her hand into his as they walked down the bus stop. Giving it a squeeze in thanks, Lash refused to let go until they had to get on the bus stop. Seated in their usual place, Lash took her hand once more.

"Did you sleep well?" Astrid teased, knowing he was also running on limited sleep.

"I had the best sleep I've had in a very long time," admitted Lash honestly.

"Hmm, I wonder why."

"I know why."

"Oh?"

"This is why," he placed a gentle, loving kiss on her lips.

To his joy, she smiled into the kiss and rubbed her nose against his affectionately. Now he no longer had to restrain himself around her and could show her just how much he cared for her.

"Thank you." Lash whispered. She didn't reply but rested her head on his shoulder.

☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ ⁂☆⁂ ☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰

Wandering through the halls of Sky High hand in hand with Lash Livingston was both terrifying and reassuring. People gaped at the unusual couple but the warmth of Lash's hand kept her grounded and reminded her that she wasn't alone.

Reaching their first class of the day, they had to separate as they took out their textbooks. Unlike the beginning of the year, the pair no longer sat as far away from each other as possible. Scooting closer, their shoulders brushed against the others and their legs pressed together. For the remainder of the day, their shared lessons consisted of sitting together as closely as possible, whispering in each other's ears and keeping their hands clasped.

By the time lunch rolled around, they had been told off multiple times for talking and two teachers had threatened to separate them. Seated across from Speed and Natalia like they normally did, the pair of them were cuddled up together and Lash's arm was draped around Astrid's shoulders (not how they normally sat).

"It took the pair of you long enough." Speed remarked, noting how happy his two friends looked.

Both him and Natalia had watched the longing glances when the other wasn't watching or the lingering touches, or the hesitant movements. Neither of them had dared say anything but they had quickly grown frustrated at the obviousness of their friends. Thankfully the pair had figured it out themselves eventually.

"I don't know what you mean." Lash mumbled, pressing a kiss to the top of Astrid's head with a small smile.

"So, is this official then?" Natalia questioned, gesturing between the two Super smiley teenagers with her fork.

"Well-." Astrid started but she was cut off by Lash.

"Astrid, will you be my girlfriend?"

Opening her mouth to respond, one of the walls nearby exploded.