Chapter 23

January is slowly ending, which means we're getting closer and closer to spring. Finally.

Niall and I decided to go shopping for some new spring clothes. Which I don't think he needs, but I definitely do.

We haven't said a single thing about the kiss. We're both just acting like it never happened. I think it's better that way anyway. It was just a heat of the moment thing, and probably meant nothing to him as it did to me.

I told Niall after I'd meet him at the mall after school. So when the final bell rang that dismissed me and gave me that sweet feeling of freedom, I walked out of the school gates to the parking lot.

Across from my car, I saw Harry talking to Zayn. He spotted me, damn. I just keep my head down and act as I don't see him and walk as quickly as possible to my car.

I hear footsteps getting closer and faster, and I can tell by the sound of it that it's Harry's boots.

I reach my car and quickly fumble through my bag to find my keys. Harry's almost to my car when I get the keys. Thank god. I go to press the unlock button, when I drop them. You've got be kidding me right now.

I bend down to pick them up, but Harry's already beaten me too it.

"Can we talk?" His voice so smooth. It's been so long since I've heard his voice that my heart speeds up to the sound of it.

I try to take my keys out of his hand without answering, but he snatches them back. I notice the Camilla bracelet on his wrist. "I'm not going to give you your keys until you talk to me."

"Give them back, Harry. I have somewhere I need to be," I say sternly, but won't look him in the eyes.

"Camilla please-"

"Don't call me Camilla." I snap.

He laughs. "Okay, Millie, but please. Just talk to me, or at least listen to what I have to say."

I look down at my shoes.

"I'm sorry what happened. I made a mistake. I should have told Lily about us."

I correct him. "You mean you shouldn't have lied to me?"

"That too, but you need to understand why I did it. I just thought that if I told you I hadn't spoken to Lily about us you'd want to end things. Or it'd chase you off," he explained.

"So lying to me was better?"

"No, it wasn't. Millie, you need to believe me when I say I miss you. I miss you so much. And I made a horrible decision."

I chewed the bottom of my lip, still looking at the ground.

"Will you please just look at me?"

I did as he asked, meeting his green coated eyes. They held so much sorrow, so much pain. My heart melted at the sight of his face. It's been so long since I've truly looked at him.

"How am I suppose to believe anything you say?" I press him.

He swallows hard. "Lily and I aren't friends anymore because of this."

I furrow my eyebrows together. "And that's suppose to be my fault?"

"No, it's not anyones fault. Well maybe mine, maybe hers; I don't know. But I told her I was going to try to get you back, that I wanted you back. She said she wouldn't be my friend if I did. And I realized I don't need a friend whose going to try to keep me away from my happiness, you were my happiness Millie, you still are..." his voice trailed off.

"I don't know what you want me to say."

"I want you to give this another chance. Give us another chance," he paused. "Give me another chance."