10

ten

--✾--

sunwoo

still want to go out tonight?
sent 8:27pm

yeah sure
sent 8:32pm

where do you want to go?
sent 8:34pm

coffee date?
sent 8:35pm

yes
sent 8:37pm

she locks her phone, leaving it on the bed as she gets up. she takes some black jeans, a dark green shirt, and a grey hoodie from her closet and dresses everything quickly. she combs her hair with her fingers and leaves the bedroom.

"mom? dad?" she calls as she enters the kitchen. "I'm going out."

"where are you going?" her mom asks. "and with who?"

"I'm gonna go get a coffee with a friend."

her parents nod and she leaves the kitchen, walking to the entrance hall where her shoes are. after having the shoes on her feet, she leaves the house tightening her hoodie more onto her body due to the change of temperature. she walks up to the coffee shop which is some good 20 minutes away.

reaching the coffee shop, she enters and the first thing she feels is the warmth inside it accompanied by the smell of coffee and baked goods. it is quite empty, considering that is a friday night. she looks around looking for sunwoo but no luck. he hasn't arrived yet.

she orders her drink at the counter and pays as soon as she gets the drink. she walks to a table in the corner of the coffee shop, next to the window. it was cloudy night so she assumed it was going to rain soon. gladly she noticed that before heading out of the house and brought her little black umbrella.

after a few seconds, she feels a slight cold breeze coming, meaning the door has been open. she looks and sees sunwoo accompanied by another boy. he looks around looking for her and when he sees her in the corner, he waves and motions that they're gonna get their drinks.

after a while, sunwoo and his friend walk to the table with their drinks on their hands. "hey." sunwoo greets her with a kiss on her cheek and sits in the chair next to her, pointing at his friend who was taking off his overcoat. "this is my friend kevin. he insisted on coming with me to meet you."

"it's okay." she smiles and looks over to kevin. "nice to meet you kevin, I'm soyung." she holds out her hand to the boy. he smiles and shakes her hand.

"I'm kevin." he introduces himself. "and believe me, I know you're soyung." he emphasizes I know giving a playful look at sunwoo. a pink shade appears on sunwoo's ears as he slaps the back of kevin's head, causing him to laugh.

"don't mind him."

"soyung?" a feminine voice calls her name and she immediately recognizes it.

"chaewon, hi." soyung greets the girl with a smile. "nice to see you."

"yes, sure." she gives her a fake smile and looks up to the boys. "nice to meet you, I'm chaewon." she holds out her hand to kevin and kevin takes it with a puzzled expression on his face. "hey sunwoo." she bats her eyelashes flirtatiously causing the boy to look at her confused. "I didn't know you were friends." she sits on the available chair next to kevin and looks at soyung.

"why do you care?" soyung asks and chaewon looks shocked at her. "you've been ignoring me for the past weeks and suddenly you are interested in my life?"

"soyung, I'm sorry." chaewon reaches for the girl's hand but she quickly dodges it. "I am. but if you give a change I'll explain everything."

"I'm not in the mood for this now." she leans back on her chair and crosses her arms. "you can leave now."

chaewon gets up and harshly pushes the chair under the table creating a loud noise causing the other people in the establishment to gaze over to their table with questioning looks and leaves the coffee shop. soyung somehow felt bad but she had it coming. chaewon suddenly comes and starts acting like she hasn't been ignoring her for weeks. best friends don't ignore each other when they start dating someone.

"that was harsh." kevin comments breaking the silence that had overcome their table for a while and she shifts her gaze from her lap to the boy in front of her. "can I ask who is she?"

"supposedly, she is my best friend." she talks in low voice, looking down to her lap where her fingers are fiddling with each other. "I'm sorry, but I don't want to talk about that."

kevin nods and they keep talking about random topics for another hour or so. soyung was really enjoying getting to know kevin and some embarrassing stories of sunwoo of when the boys were younger. after a while, kevin's phone started ringing and after he hung up, he told them he had to leave because his mother needed him at home.

(...)

"you didn't have to walk me home, sunwoo." they stop at her house's doorstep and she turns to him.

"I couldn't leave you alone, it's dark outside." sunwoo smiles. "what kind of a gentleman would I be if I let a lady walk home alone at night?"

"you're such a dork, you know that?" he acts offended and both start laughing. "I probably should go in, it's getting late." he nods and smiles. "you sure you're going to be okay walking home?"

"yes of course." he assures. "by the way, you're going to the halloween party next weekend?"

"yes, I think so."

"I thought... maybe we could go together?" he asks shyly causing her to giggle.

"I would love to." she steps ahead and kisses his cheek. "I'll see you on monday?"

"y-yes, of c-course." he stutters blushing as he watches her walking up the few stairs and open the house door. she waves before entering and he smiles.

as the door closes, he turns to start walking home with the biggest smile on his face.

--✾--

edited

words: 997