Marimar episode 57 - The one with Marimar's grave

Sergio bumps into Corazon and the ex-cook of Villa Santibanez reveals that Marimar is dead. Sergio couldn't quite believe what he was hearing; having just been pursuing Bella whom he is convinced is Marimar.

Marimar, very much alive is with Cruzita and Innocencia as they enjoy a bit of time being together at home. Now that Marimar is busy running the family business, this is one rare occasion indeed and the mother makes sure to devote her free time with her daughter. Aunt Esperanza looks on them as they help make cookies. She is happy and knows that the three women are as happy as her too.

She asks her niece, "Tahimik na si Sergio. Hindi ka na ba niya ginagambala?" Marimar just keeps silent and Esperanza continues, telling her that she knows about her plans of revenge. The aunt cautions her niece, her path of vengeance might cause her pain. Esperanza paints a scenario where Sergio would find out about Cruzita.

Marimar is certain, "Kailanman di makikilala ni Sergio si Cruzita. Iniwanan niya kami."(Sergio would never know about Cruzita. He abandoned us.)

Sergio shakes his head at Corazon who is obviously in pain as she tells her ex-ward this painful bit of lie. The young man declares that he has already seen Marimar, referring to Bella. Corazon relates her story of how she left San Martin dela Costa with Marimar. She tells Sergio that Marimar was pregnant with their child when they left for Manila.

Cruzita taste their baked cookies as Innocencia cautions her that they are still hot, being fresh from the over. Cruzita declares them to be delicious. She unexpectedly adds that she wants to bake chocolate cakes for her daddy. This startles Marimar and the rest of the women in the kitchen.

Sergio is excited to hear that he has a child. Corazon confirmed that when he left for Macau, Marimar was already with child. Sergio asks where his child is. Corazon hesitates but goes on after a brief pause. She claims that the baby got sick and Marimar too. Having no money, the two simultaneously passed away. Both Marimar and the baby died.

Sergio asks Corazon whether she is truly telling him the truth. Corazon cannot look at Sergio in the eye but she declares that what she says is true. She adds that she would have wanted Marimar to be burried with her grandparents, Pancho and Cruz at San Martin dela Costa but didn't have the money or the means to do so. She gives Sergio the address where he would find his wife and child's grave.

Marimar goes to her daughter and tells her that even before she was born, her father had left them both. Cruzita is curious, "Why? Doesn't he love us?"

Marimar tells her that she will understand all this when she is old enough. "Nasa murang edad ka pa kasi. Kahit anong paliwanag ko sa iyo, hindi mo maiintidihan and mommy."

She explains to her child that she should get used to living without her father beside them but assures Cruzita that she will always be with her. At this point the child cries. Marimar begs her to stop crying. Cruzita emotes. "Miss ko po ang daddy ko."

Marimar faces her daughter and tells her, "Listen to me, hindi lahat ng gusto mo, makukuha mo. Stop crying. Mahal na mahal kita." (You cannot get everything you want.) She adds, "Im here for you." but also starts to cry along with her daughter. The other women look on, feeling sorry for both mother and child.

Sergio follows Corazon's address to a cemetery. He looks around and tries to read the names on the tombstones. After a while he sees one partly covered by a fallen leaf. He brushes is away and we see Marimar's name using his surname, Santibanez. (December pala ang birthday ni Marimar!) and below that, an inscription saying "Baby Girl Santibanez".

Innocencia and Marimar are talking. The latter is relating to her friend how she had Sergio investigated to find out where he goes to, what time he does things, etc. When they've finally established a pattern she set Corazon up so that she will 'accidentally' bump into Sergio and spill the news about Marimar and their daughter's fate. Marimar is certain that Sergio trusts Corazon and will believe anything the plump cook tells him.