Chapter 4

Anna stood at the lobby counter, at a loss for words. She clutched her books tighter to her chest, thinking of the blond man and his large dog. She didn't even notice the lobby man staring at her, irritated. She didn't really know what it was, but there was something about the man, something different.

"Ah-hem." Anna was snapped from her thoughts.

"Oh, sorry Matthew," she was about to turn away from him to the stairs, when she stopped.

"Did you happen to catch the mans name, the man who was here?"

"No, but your fiance, Hans, was here and left you these flowers." Matthew brought up a big bouquet of flowers from behind his desk, the stems wrapped in plastic. They smelled wonderful and were delightful to Anna's eyes, but she couldn't think about that right now, the only thing that filled her head was the man. "And this," Matthew gave Anna a small golden box of chocolates, topped off with a pretty bow.

"Oh, thank you," Anna smiled in mock appreciation, she was just glad Hans wasn't giving it to her in person, she would feel even more guilty than she already did. She gathered her things and swung her back pack farther on her back, and headed for the stairs, but stopped, and decided to use the elevator. She jammed the button, eager to get to her sister Elsa and talk to her about her crisis.

Once upstairs she rushed to her apartment she shared, and fumbled with the keys to open it. She was beginning to push it open, when Elsa pulled open the door, and Anna fell forward, crushing her flowers. "Anna!" Her sister leaned down and grabbed Anna's arm, pulling her up. She gracefully dusted off her sisters shoulders.

"Oh, hi Elsa," Anna leaned down and picks up her back pack, the chocolates and the flowers. They sag pathetically and petals rain down as she sets them and the other items down on a nearby desk.

"Why are you home so early?" Elsa goes to pick up the book that had fallen off the chair when she walked to the door.

"The power went out, so they sent everyone early cause' there was an electric hazard."

"Hm," Elsa sat down in the chair and started to read. Anna bit her lip.

"Hey Elsa, I was just wondering, if you could give me some advice."

"On what," Elsa asked, still reading.

"Well, I ran into this guy today, and I met him again in the lobby," Anna continues to talk, and Elsa looks up from her book, and lets out a long sigh.

"Anna," Elsa stops her, "your engaged." Anna plops herself down in another seat and blows a lock of hair out of her face.

"I know," she says gloomily.

"So," Elsa puts her book down, "you can't do this, it's not right."

"But what do I do? I, I think I have feelings about this guy."

"Just, forget about him, ok? And focus on what's right. Like your, how do I say it, real relationship, and your studies." Anna folds her arms and nods slightly, and Elsa accepts this, going back to reading. "Oh, Anna," Elsa spoke up again after a short silence, "I was wondering if you wanted to go to the zoo tomorrow, since tomarrow I'm off." Anna leans her head into her hand.

"Sure, I guess." Anna and Elsa sat in silence the evening. Anna, still troubled, looked out the window longily, looking over the skyline and the green moutains beyond. The sky was dark purple, and small, faint stars were beginning to appear, when someone knocked on the door.

"Can you get that Anna? I think it's our new roomate," Elsa yelled from another room. Anna got up and walked toward the door, opening it. Standing in the doorway, was the blonde man. Anna gulped and blushed, smiling nervously. The mans face didn't seem to register anything but a widened look of utter fright. He shook his head as if to clear it, and took out a piece of paper.

"Uh," this was the first time Anna heard him speak, and it made her melt, guiltily, "this is the room needing a roommate, right." Anna stared at him, wide eyed, suddenly forgetting how to talk. The man mimicked her expression. They stared at each other for a much to long awkward moment, when Elsa, dressed in a white robe, tight at her waist, walked next to Anna.

"Anna? Anna, why are you..." Elsa followed Anna's gaze to the man. Elsa's blinked, confused. "Can we help you," she asked, not regarding any feeling. The man seemed to be knocked from his trance, but only slightly. He handed his paper to Elsa. "Roommate.....?"

"Roommate," Anna echoed her sister, murmuring, not faltering her gaze.

"Anna, Anna listen, I knew we shouldn't have done this, we forgot to add that only a girl was allowed, and that, we were girls." Elsa read it over, leaving the two next to her staring. The man brought his hands, clumped into fists, up to his chest. He gulped nervously.

"I think..." He talked in what seemed like an eternity, "I think I'll go." He began to turn quickly, but Anna reached out involuntarily and grabbed his arm.

"No," she said, desperate. Elsa's eyes widened into saucers.