eight: Sexual Healing

Raman & Ishita
Raman sat on the sofa, his head in his hands, watching as his wife danced away merrily with his daughter and sister.

"Oye Puttar, tu aise kyun baitha hai? Yeh le zara loaded pee le aur ho ja shuru" (Hey son, why are you sitting so quietly? Here have some loaded and get started) his mother nudged him in the ribs and handed him a glass of amber liquid as she settled beside him.

"Waise aaj meri bahu bade maze utha rahi hai. Aisa kya kiya tu ne dinner par huh? Loaded toh nahi pila diya usko? " (By the way, my daughter in law is having a lot of fun tonight. Just what did you do to her at dinner, huh? Are you sure you didn't give her some loaded?)

"Kya ma, aap bhi" (What mom, you too) he muttered darkly as he watched his wife morosely. The touch of her tender skin still caressed his arms, the taste of her lips was still tantalizingly sweet on his tongue, her scent was still a fragrance wafting before him.

He groaned with frustration, as the object of his desire suddenly turned and pirouetted over to the sofa.

"Ramaaan" she caressed his name in a breathless giggle, as she put out a hand toward him. "Aap yahan kyun baithe hai. Aao dance karo na" (Ramannn. Why are you sitting here? Come and dance)

"No" he retorted shortly, gulping down his drink.

"Mummyji" Ishita pouted, turning toward her beaming mother in law. "Dekho na, Raman dance nahi kar rahe hai mere sang"( Mummyji, look, Raman won't dance with me)

"Hoy Raman, khotiya, jaa na, teri biwi dance shance karna chahti hai" (Hey Raman, idiot, go, your wife wants to dance) Toshiji aimed an affectionate mock slap at her son.

Raman turned his attention from his drink to his wife. Mummyji's drinks were having their inevitable effect on him, turning him mellow and erasing his surliness. He smiled up at Ishita, remembering her promise to dance for him.

"Dance toh tumhe karna tha madrasan, sirf mere liye" (You were supposed to be dancing madrassan, and only for me) he growled, standing up and grabbing her proferred hand. He followed her to where their daughter was happily prancing around with Shravu, Simi, Bala, Mihika, Mihir and Romi.

" Bhai aagaye" (Bhai is here) Romi yelled, dragging him into the crowd.

Raman moved to the beat of the music, grabbing his little daughter into his arms, his eyes fixed on his wife.

"Ruhi beta" he addressed his little girl. "Aap toh so gayi thi na, phir kaise jaag gayi?" (Ruhi darling, you had gone to sleep. So why did you get up?)

"Papa, Romi chachu ne kaha ki hum party karte hai, kyunki Adi bhaiya ab ghar aayenge" Ruhi was starting to droop a little and snuggled into her fathers arms. (Papa, Romi chachu said let's have a party to celebrate Adi bhaiya coming to live with us)

"Accha ab enough party, I think it's time for bed. Bahut raat ho chuki. Ishita" he called out to his wife, who had her arms entwined around Simi and Mihika, and was busy doing what appeared to be a cross between the cha cha cha and the bharatnatyam."Ruhi sona chahti hai. I'm taking her" (Ok, now enough party, I think it's time for bed. Its very late. Ishita, Ruhi wants to sleep, I'm taking her)

Ishita tripped over to her husband and daughter and dropped a fond kiss on Ruhi's cheek. "Kya aaj papa aap ko sleep sleep karenge Ru beta?" (Will papa put you to sleep tonight Ruhi baby?)

"Papa ki stories Ruhi ko kahan pasand" Raman retorted before Ruhi had the chance to say anything. "Ruhi ko toh sirf Ishima se story sunna hai. Mein isse le kar jaata hoon, tum aa jaana ten minutes mein, story sunnane" (Ruhi doesn't like papa's stories. Ruhi only wants to hear stories from her Ishima. I'm taking her, you come and join us in ten minutes, to read to her)