Chapter 7

Jaune POV

I looked at the time to see it's afternoon. I ready my weapons and wear my spartan armor and head to the hangar where my men are waiting for me. As I headed there, I saw Vector floating in the hallway. I said to him,

Jaune:" Hello Vector, how's your work with Angel?"

Vector:" It's fine. We are just about to make more weapons and technology to test it if it works."

Jaune:" Did ONI scientists have troubles with you two."

Vector:" Of course not, they seem helpful for us to test it."

Jaune:" Good. By the way, have you looked at her recently?"

He was silenced for a bit and I can tell he's nervous to talk about.

Jaune:" Well?"

Vector:" I-I don't know what you are talking about..."

Jaune:" Of course you do, I saw you staring at her at the facility I went to. It seems like you have feelings for her."

Vector:" Oh no! That would be against my protocol: "Never have a feeling with a machine", just like me, of course."

Eva:" Oh come on, you don't wanna talk about it."

She popped out from a hologram to see a human-size AI standing both at them.

Jaune:" It seems it works on you."

Eva:" Thank you, sir. Now please, let me talk to him, AI to AI."

Jaune:" Sure."

As I said, I walked away, leaving with Eva & Vector conversation in private. As I reached the hanger, I saw my ODSTs, a mixed group of humans & faunus, were sitting there, waiting for me. They saw me coming and stood up immediately when I approached them.

Jaune:" Sorry I'm late, just having a talk with Vector."

ODST faunus 2:" Is it about his feelings for Angel, sir."

I was surprised to hear that. I didn't know that they have a same thing as I did.''

Jaune:" Yes... But we'll leave him alone. I let Eva talk to him in private."

ODST 4:" Sure. Just imagine what those two monitors have on their honeymoon."

We all laughed at his jokes and we stopped for I said to them."

Jaune:" All right, you heard the briefing. We're going to the beacon tonight where they have a party inside. The intel tells us that Cinder Falls will go to the tower and hack at the computer. So, we'll get there first so we prevent her from happening. Any questions?"

One of the ODST raised his hands.

Jaune:" Yes?"

ODST 3:" What about the guards?"

Jaune:" We can just knock them out. Also, we have new recruits for our mission today."

I said as they were confused about who was joining the mission. We turned around to see 5 black spec-ops Grunts coming this way. The ODSTs were surprised that the Grunts were joining them.

 The ODSTs were surprised that the Grunts were joining them