Chapter 4

Not a single word has been waisted in a effort to keep us in check. I don't know the reason but I was worrying about Daniel the whole time. The only excuse I can make for myself is that he is the only one in this group who I have really connected with.
"We're here." Zach says patting Jacks shoulder. Once I see it my jaw literally drops. It is a whole city themed with gold and pearls enclosing the vast under water city.
"Oh my Lanta." I gasp at its glory.
"Ha I get it." Daniel weakly breaths out. I pettily smile at him.
"Where are we going?" Jack asks swimming into the first segment of the city.
"The safest place for Emily is Corbyn's place." Jonah speaks leading the way with Daniel gripping his shoulder.
"Why?" Zach questions foolishly following the group.
"My family can see it anything coming from mile away." Corbyn says exited to go to his family. Zach thinks about it and nods.
"Are the marks based off of your genetics?" I ask.
"Um if the gene is strong in your family, but most of the time it is based off of your personality." Jack answers fluently.
"Both of my parents have the same gene and therefore my whole family has it." Corbyn concludes stopping at a large pearl house. Everyone crowds around Corbyn and me seeing what we will do.
"Come on guys." Jack says swimming up to the golden door. No one follows Jack. Jack nervously knocks on the door as it creeped open a smidge. One girl pop out at Jack making him scream like a little girl. Corbyn laughs carrying me up to the house.
"I was supposed to get you." She says following upset.
"I saw you coming." He says briskly getting in the house setting me down on the white couch like thing. Jonah sets Daniel next to me as all of them walk away with Corbyn's sister. I tiredly lean my head on Daniels shoulder rubbing my cold legs. I shocked him for a second but he eventually leans his head on mine resting his eyes.
"How am I alive?" I mumble fiddling my fingers. I should be with my parents right now.
"Emily you're special. You can breath underwater, and you have your mark. What ever is happening to you we will help." Daniel reassured patting my shaking legs. I stare at his tail. Shimmering aquamarine scales complement the blue tail. It catches my eyes as it shimmers in the faint light.
"I just want to go home." I say closing my eyes.
"Where is that?" He questions. I think hard I just lost everything.
"Nowhere." I say solemnly. The others walk in.
"Girl let me see your mark." The girl demands scaring me into Daniel.
"Ashley!" Daniel shouts hugging my quivering body. Ashley rolls her brown eyes and looks at my mark not regarding Daniels comment. She swims to the book shelf flipping through pages. How is that possible? Ashley slams the book closed glaring at me.
"You brought a frod." She says, "You know what is going to happen to her." She argues looking at the boys.
"Yes." Jack says looking down.
"We can wait for the agency or we can do it right now." She says advancing to my shaking body. Daniel pushes her away in the process falling in the floor. Me and the boys rush to his side but Corbyn swims to his sister. Daniel holds my waist sitting up trying to protect me.
"What the hell is happening?!" I remark trying to end this fued.
"Well hunny bunches your going to die anyway. So let me just kill you now." Ashley yells standing up to kill me but Corbyn just drags her back down to the sea floor.
"No one is killing anybody." Jonah says hovering in the middle. I stare at the marble flooring, I'm going to die the day before I turn 18. Daniel pulls me into a hug rubbing my back.
"Your going to be ok." Daniel tries to reassure me. I shake my head.
"How would you know." I question. He sits up looking at Corbyn.
"Is there a spare room?" Daniel asks elevating himself along with me.
"Ya second to the left." Corbyn says eyeing Daniel then Zach. Me and Daniel reach to the room and I plop on the round white bed dumb founded.
"Danny you didn't tell me I was going to die." I say staring at the floor.
"Your not.." I cut him off.
"Before you kill me can you at least wait until midnight so I can at least be 18." I request.
"Emily!" He shouts making me float backwards.
"Please. I don't want to die." I beg shaking.
"Emily no one is going to hurt you." He says tucking me under the covers.
"How would you know? It's either you, the boys, or the other girl that got pretty close." He puts his finger over my mouth.
"Tomorrow morning about 2 am my friend who is a specialist with marks will figure out what is going on." He reassures. I groan.
"It's just, I don't feel safe here." I say holding onto the sheets. He pats my hands laying beside me.
"I keep watch." I look at him in disbelief. "Trust me." I nod laying down on the fluffy warm pillow. I rest my eyes eventually drifting off to sleep. In my dreams it is black. Nothing happens. A crash sound making my eyes open. It's dark but I can see the glare of a knife above me. I gasp losing my breath pushing off the bed floating up. Daniel grabs Ashley who holds the knife to me.
"Guys!" Daniel screams using all of his strength holding her arm back. The boys rush into the room observing before neutralizing her.
"Let me do my job." She squeaks wrestling to get up. My heart beats faster as my breath picks up. Omg is this panic attack? I put my hand on my chest trying to control it.
"Emily?" Daniel questions.
"Dude she is having a attack." Zach remarks.