Chapter 2

"Dude is she ever going to wake up?"

"I don't know your the fortune teller."

"Says the one who doesn't have a mark yet." I let out a cough. The noises dies off into a quiet ringing in my ears. The light burns my eyes as I sit up and cover the pain. I am on a bed with thick sheets and it feels like a literal cloud. My eyes cautiously open drowning the pain. I'm in a light blue room and a balcony leading into a ocean view padio.

"Are you ok?" I look over panicking as I see Daniel and Corbyn. They also had freezing human feet. In horror I slide back falling into the floor with a drenching loud smack. They shoot up looking at me. I slid back frantically until I hit the wall.

"Dude we need Jack." Corbyn says to Daniel realizing how scared I am. Daniel nods as Corbyn walks out calmly. I crunch into a ball and cry. I have been kidnapped and I'm going crazy I probably have head trauma. Jim will problem lose his job and I am dead. I sob louder as I realized I ruined Jim's life.

"Hi I'm Daniel what is your name." I look up to see him right in front of me. I look into his eyes and see a warm soul inside and a gut feeling tells me to trust him.

"Emily." I croak out holding my knees. He looks at me sympathetically and understanding.

"You know Emily your really lucky." He says trying to cheer me up. Looking at him confused he knows it came out wrong.

"What do you mean?! I am a kidnapped orphan that has her birthday this week for age 18 and my foster parents just died. I am now probably next. Now tell me how am I lucky Daniel." I spit at him curling back up.

"You got your mark right when you got in the water. I don't have mine yet." He says looking down embarrassed. What the frick is on my body?!

"What's a mark?" I ask.

"A mark happens when a siren or mermaid for fills their purpose." He concludes.

"What purpose?"

"Well what you are a siren for. All the other boys were given their mark when they defended the siren territory from the mermaids." He says smiling remembering the times that they had.

"Why don't you have yours?" I question curiously.

"It wasn't my reason of being a siren." I stare at my shaking limbs what is going to happen to me. Clinking down the hallway I pull my body back into a secure ball. I know it is the other boys that came for me or something.

"Hey what are you doing?" A different voice asks that I infer is Jack. I look up at him and take his hand that was pointed out for me to stand up.

"Nothing." I say back shyly. My eyes keep contact with Jack as he leads me out of the room and down the stairs.

"Jack just let the girl have a will." Daniel says angered. Jack sighs breaking eye contact. I fall over and Daniel catches me and caries my body to the couch. The other boys make their way quietly to the seats. I scoot closer to Daniel because I trust Daniel more than anyone else in the group. I hide my face in his side as he wraps his arm around my side protectingly.

"Ok Emily," I look at Jonah who apparently knows my name.

"How do you know my name?" I ask worried.

"Telepathically with Daniel." He says pointing back and forth.
"Ok what are your marks?" I questioned.

"Mine is water control." Jonah says first then looking at the rest of the group to continue.

"Telepathic things." Zach says quickly.

"Controlling eyes." Jack says using his hands to signal it. I avoided eye contact right when he said it.

"Fortune teller or I can see the future." He says showing me a arrow tattoo on his shoulder blade. The other boys she me theirs. Jacks is a circle to represent his eyes. Zach's is simple WiFi bar sort of thing. Jonah's is a single wave.

"I'm still bear skinned." Daniel says as the other boys laugh at him. I pat him on the back as he grins at me.

"We need to get you to the Pearl City." Jonah says standing up and dusting himself off. The other boys do the same as I stay in the couch.

"Excuse me?" I say quietly.
"Oh that is like the siren capital. We can go down there and see what your mark means." Zach explains further.

"What makes you think I'm going. I need to get back to my home." I say looking at the ground. A person sits next to me as I start to look up I know that is Jacks clothing so I immediately close my eyes.

"That was worth a try." He says standing back up. They murmur amongst them self's.

"Where is your home exactly?" Zach questions unaware. Tears fall from my eyes as I push my face into my knees. Another boy sits next to me rubbing my back.

"The.. orphanage." I stutter out.
"Zach!" Daniel expresses continuing to rub my back.

"Emily let's just go and I promise that we will drop you off at the orphanage if you want us to." Daniel speaks softly. I nod lightly whipping my eyes.

"Before we go I need to change." I giggle from my over dramatic reactions. Daniel laughs.

"Come with me." He says leading me back up the stairs to the guest bedroom I was originally in.

"What do I wear Daniel?" I ask sitting on the bed as he rummages through the drawers.

"Corbyn saw you coming so he made us get some clothing for you." He says pulling out a black swimsuit.
"How come he can't see me now?" I ask. He throws the one peace swimsuit to me.

"Probably because your mark." He says walking to the door, "I'll be out here." He leaves the room. I slip on the suit and it fits like a glove. I smile at my self in the reflection on the wall mirror. I don't even look like myself anymore. I look like a model now. I exit the room closing the door behind me.

"Ready."