Chapter Thirty Seven

"Where is he!" Obito growled. They had been at it for several hours and they still couldn't find Naruto. They would catch a flicker of his chakra before it vanished. When they would approach the place where they thought he would be he was never there.

"Calm down or else your emotions with effect your chakra." Rin advised kindly. Obito took a deep breath and heeded her advice.

"Alright, let's do this one more time." all three went still and concentrated. They let their chakra flow and then. . .

"Kaaaakaaaashhhhiiiiii!!!!!!!" a thundering sound was heard and all of the Team Seven students had the urge to bolt.

"Oh, hey Gai." Rin greeted him with a forcefully cheery voice.

"Hey my lovely Rin, how are you on the fine morning?"

Obito punched the green clad ninja into the ground. "Cut it out!" he yelled. He wasn't a big fan of others flirting with Rin.

Gai groaned from the dirt. "You have a strong teammate Kakashi, I would expect nothing less from my rival."

Kakashi didn't even face the boy. "Well you can have him." he said dryly. Obito growled but for once stayed quite as he went back to concentrating.

Kakashi tried again as well, reaching with his chakra, relying on it to tell him what his eyes couldn't. "What are you doing?"

Kakashi's eyebrow got a tick. "I don't have time for this right now Gai." he warned. But Gai was relentless.

"Why are you wearing a blindfold?" Gai questioned, much to the Hatake's dismay. "Oh I know! This is a youthful training exercise isn't it?! If that is the case then I shall join you!" he exclaimed loudly right next to the silver-haired boy's very sensitive ear.

"Shut up would ya?" Kakashi growled at the boy who insisted on being his rival. "Besides, you can't join, this exercise reqires chakra."

There was silence as Gai realised what that meant for him.

"Geez Kakashi, you don't have be so mean." Obito muttered.

"Well it's true!"

"Well ya, but you could be a little nicer about it!"

"Nice or not, I would be saying the same thing."

"That's not the point!"

"Then what is your point?"

Obito stopped and took a deep breath. Then he had what he thought to be the best idea ever. "Hey Gai, do you want to help us?" he asked, excited.

Gai sounded so sad as he spoke. "No, Kakashi's right, I can't use chakra." he sulked.

"You don't need to. There is a blonde ninja hiding somewhere in the village, he usually wears all black with a jounin vest, and has notable blue eyes. He's kinda tall and well. . . you'll know when you see him. His name is Naruto. We aren't allowed to take off our blindfolds, so can you help us look?"

"OF CORSE I WILL HELP YOU ON YOUR YOUTHFUL SEARCH FOR THIS BLONDE NINJA!!! I WILL FIND HIM WITHIN THE HOUR AND IF I DON'T I WILL DO 500, NO 5,000 PUSH-UPS!!!!" he yelled causing nearby villagers to stare.

"Alright, thanks Gai." Gai gave him a thumbs up, forgetting that the Uchiha couldn't see, and bounded away, searching every nook and cranny on his way.

"Um, are you sure that was good idea? Isn't that like, cheating or something?" Rin asked.

Kakashi shrugged. "Well he said no rules except that we aren't to take off our blindfolds."