CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Start from the beginning

Esme's eyes lingered on the werewolves scattered around the compound, she wasn't so familiar with living with a bunch of them and no doubt it was going to be something that she was due to get used to over time. Eyes lingered on her and the bump that her grey rose print wrap dress hugged onto, there had been questioning of what super being Esme was bringing into the world and if her son was going to be a threat towards them. Esme understood everyone's caution when it came around her as she doesn't know what her son would come out like, if it'd hold the same properties as his parents, it was an answer she was going to get when he grew up.

Aiden had been followed Esme through the compound, his eyes amongst many lingering on her and where she was going. Breaking his heavy stare on her back had been the chiming of her phone within her grasp leading her to slow to a stop int he centre of the compound and to answer the incoming call with furrowed brows from Elijah. A sigh however passed her lips as she feared that the Mikaelson was calling her for a problem. "Elijah, what do I owe the pleasure?" She greeted as a smile had forced its way onto her lips.

"Where's my brother?" Elijah immediately asked. After speaking to Josephine LaRue that she'd enlighten him with information of the body that Rebekah inhabited, Eva Sinclair, in exchange for Vincent Griffith that body in which Finn Mikaelson possessed. His thoughts were concerned with Klaus being missing from the compound and looking to ruin the bod owed towards Josephine LaRue.

"Um," Esme stammered over her words as she couldn't tell the Mikaelson where her lover had parted to. "I don't know. What's the matter?"

"This morning, Rebekah was attacked at the witch's market." Elijah explained causing the Browne's eyes to widen as she rubbed the back of her neck feeling concern stiffening into her neck. "I felt that there was something that we didn't know of Eva Sinclair and in bargain for some information on the body Rebekah possesses I need to hand over Vincent Griffith, unharmed."

Esme sighed. "He sent out the wolves to look for Finn and report back to him when they've located him." She informed before resting her hand gently against her stomach to rub to her comfort. "Finn is a threat to Hope and I, I think he's going to kill him."

"Well, he can't. Where is he?"

Her shoulders lifted in a shrug, unknown to the answer of where the wolves had led the hybrid. Esme had quickly turned on her feet to face the wolf who had quickly pulled his eyes away from her air, pretending his eyes hadn't been burning into the back of her neck. "Hey!" She pulled her phone from her ear and marched towards the werewolf who stiffened at her approach. "You were one of the wolves looking out for Finn, weren't you?" Esme questioned as her brows raised, awaiting for an answer.

The flanneled wolf was wary. He doubted if he was supposed to tell Esme anything. "Yes."

"Where is he?" Esme asked.

"The cemetery."

Esme returned her phone back to her ear. "Elijah, did you hear that?"

"Thank you, Esme."

"I'll meet you there." Before Elijah had the chance to object, the vampire had hung up the phone call and spun herself away from the wolf. "You can stop stalking me. I am very much capable of looking after myself."

Klaus was eager to kill Finn in order for him to no longer be a threat towards him or his family. He was ready to endorse pain onto his older brother for what he had done to Kol, for being a threat and wanting to kill Hope and Esme and as a spear, within his grasp was raised above Vincent Griffith's chest, he was prepared to drive it straight through his heart. A death he believed was much needed. As he snarled towards his brother, inches away from impaling the spear into his chest, hands secured on the collar of his coat, tugging him from Finn who slipped to the ground, his blood marking the grave wall he had been shoved up against. Klaus' brows furrowed when his back slammed against another grave wall, causing distance between himself and his brother. Esme pinning him to the wall with warning of his unthoughtful behaviour as Elijah hovered over the pregnant vampire's shoulder.