"I can have a future wherever I go."

"You think I want to drive two hours here and back? I did this because this is what your mother wanted. If your mother was here, you know she'd tell you how important it was to get the best education."

"She's not here though is she!" I scream.

I am so angry. I know I'm freaking out.

My father's voice gets real stern. Whenever he gets serious, he gets stern as hell, "You're going. Point. Blank. Period."

Pops is gangster. He always has been and the thing about this school is...it was far from that. When we pull up to the parking lot I can already see the preppy uptight students of Liondale High looking over at me. Most of them have cars. I'm one of the few being driven by my parents and I know I'm the only one who is driving in a car that probably shouldn't be on the road.

It was one of the top high schools in the country in one of the best areas. Kids are pulling up in Aston Martins. Bugattis. Bentley trucks.

I'm pulling up in a beat up lemon.

"Have a nice day," Pops says.

I don't say it back. I'm so angry. I'm beyond mad as I get out of the car. He drives hours to get here. We don't live anywhere near Lionsdale. We couldn't afford any property anywhere near here. I could have went to public school. I could have gone to a school that I fit in but no. Pops literally forced me to into this. Since I was a kid I'd been enrolled in Lionsdale private schools...with these people.

I get out of the car.

The air even smells different in Lionsdale. The school sits high on a hill. It's like Mount-fucking-Olympus with the Gods looking down on the peasants and poor suckers like me. From here I can see the large state of the art campus. It had the best of everything from multi-touch LCD screens instead of whiteboards to LCD touchboards which were like giant tablets with LCD screens lying flat atop a table-like structure. Students sit around the table tablet, swipe on the board to manipulate and drag images around the screen, or type notes with their onscreen keyboards.

The school was the shit. That wasn't the problem.

"Yo----what the fuck is that?" a voice states pointing at my car and laughing.

"When life gives you lemons," is the reply.

There is laughter at that moment. I notice the kids almost immediately as I walk out of the car. Everyone noticed them.

The Dollhouse.

That's what we called them.

There are 5 of them and they run the school. The leader of the pack is Adonis Fallon. He is the sexiest by far. In Greek Mythology, Adonis was a man of great beauty and desire. The kind of man that the Gods came out of heavens and got jealous of. I would say this Adonis might as well be him.

Adonis hops out of an Audi with his friends. He's not the one who makes the comment about my dad's car. He doesn't even laugh. He's too busy on his phone to even notice a diss to a mere mortal like me.

Adonis stands 6'3". He's all muscle and brawn. He's the quarterback of the football team. His dad is a rich investment banker and his mom is a model. He has olive skin, curly short hair, a body most people would never achieve and eyes the color of pearls. When he walks most people turn and stare because everyone is addicted to him. He is that stereotypical, cliché high school heartthrob that everyone just wants to be near.

Except he wasn't a normal high school heartthrob. He was a Lionsdale heartthrob. Take your sexiest guy and multiply him by ten. That was Adonis.

"What did that motherfucker just say?" my dad asks from the car.