Her eyes suddenly light up. "That's why her name sounded so familiar!" 

"Kate, you're a freaking idiot." 

"Hey! I'm not an idiot, I'm just forgettful." 

"Nope, you're just an idiot." I laugh, ruffling her hair. 

"Come on, we have to go say to Marcus and Ben," she quickly gets out her phone, typing something, before finally looking up. "Okay, Marc says we can come over. Let's go!" She grabs my hand, pulling me out the door. 

We take Kate's parent's car and reach his house soon. We knock on his door, waiting for a moment before the door swings open to reveal Alex. 

"He-oh." 

Gulping, I look at Kate. "Uh, I'm not feeling to well, Kate. I'm just gonna head home." (Gif on the right or above) She looks like a deer in headlights as she just stares at Alex and me. 

Marcus suddenly appears in the doorway, and he jumps on top of me. 

Literally. 

I fall to the grass, him on top as he gives me a embrace that is even worse than Kate's. "My Cassy poo! You're back! I've missed you so much!" 

"Hmfgph," I mutter back into his chest, yet I'm smiling. I forgot how nice it was to have my idiots back. 

"Oh! Sorry!" He laughs, getting up and helping me. "Come on in! Ben and Jeremy are here too." 

"Uh, I was actually just gonna go..." I point to the car, and Marcus' face falls. 

"But why? You need to stay!" He pouts, already dragging me inside. 

"I-I just," I glance at Alex who's staring at the ground. "I'm not feeling to good." 

"Nonsense!" Marcus exclaims. "We're hanging out." 

"Great..." I weakly mumble. Inside, I greet Ben and Jeremy and we all flop on the couches. 

"So, what have we missed?" Alex turns to them. 

"Our little Marcus here as got a girl," Ben wraps his arm around his neck, rubbing his fist into his head. 

"Hey!" Marcus pulls himself away, slightly blushing. 

"Uh, yeah, about that, Marcus... Her name is Gwen? Is her last name Gwen Taylor by any chance?" 

"Gwen Taylor? She's the one that was fake dating Trevor!" Alex exclaims, eyes wide. 

Marcus looks at us confused. 

"She was my ex's fake ex-girlfriend....?" I try to explain, hoping he'll remember. 

"Okay... and?" 

"And she's horrible! She fake dates people for money!" I exclaim expredately, throwing my hands up in the air. 

"She's wonderful, if you got to know her!" Marcus replies back angrily, slouching into his seat. "If you guys don't know her like I do, you can't judge. Okay?" 

Alex and I both blink, surprised at his outburst. "Okay, okay. We're sorry, man." Alex sighs. 

"So what's up with you two?" Ben says, frowning at Alex and I. 

"Um, what do you mean?" I awkwardly chuckle, scratching the back of my neck. 

"What I mean is you guys aren't sitting next to each other," Ben rolls his eyes. It was true-Alex and I were sitting on opposite sides of the room. 

"And?" I raise an eyebrow. 

"Before you guys left, you were inseparable. And disgusting," Ben scrunches up his nose. "And now you're not even sitting next to each other? What did we miss?" 

"Oh, nothing worth discussing," Alex scoffs, shrugging. I nod my head furiously, agreeing. 

"Okay then..." Jeremy says slowly. Awkward silence ensues, as I'm sure they're all thinking what could possibly be wrong with Alex and I. 

"Let's play a game!" Kate suddenly bursts. "How about hide-and-seek?" 

"We're 18, Ka-" Ben began, but Marcus cut him off. "OH MY GOD, YASSSSSS. WE'RE PLAYING IT." 

"Okay, then," Ben grins, laughing at Marcus' eagerness. 

"Alex and I will count, everyone else go hide," Marcus orders, shooing us off. The two boys go outside while the rest of us get up and run. I sprint up the stairs, ducking into closet and curling into the corner, using the various boxes to block my body. Soon, I hear footsteps on the steps and Marcus' whispering. 

"-Cass! Tell me, dude!" He says. 

Why were they talking about me?

"Jesus, fine!" Alex harshly whispers back. "She told me she loves me, alright?! And what if she's up here right now, hearing all of this?" 

Screw you, Alex Waters.

"I saw her head to the basement before we left, don't worry. Okay, so she told you she loves, what's so bad about that?" Marcus persists. 

Why was Marcus lying about where I was? 

Heart thumping, I press myself closer to wall to hear better. 

"I-I never said it back." 

I hear a smacking noise, and then Alex whisper-yells, "Ow, man! What was that for?" 

"For being a freaking idiot! You love her, you know you do!" 

"You-you don't understand, Marcus." 

"What don't I understand?!" 

"It's gonna screw everything up!" 

"Everything is already screwed up!" 

"The last time I told a girl I loved her, she confessed that she cheated on me," Alex suddenly blurts. 

WHAT IN THE FUDGIN' WORLD?!

"Before I moved," Alex begins explaining. "And before I went on the blind date with Cass, I had a girlfriend. Her name was Kenna. And after a while, I told her I loved her. And you know what she tells me? 'I slept with Trevor.'" 

"Trevor as in..." 

"Yea, Cass's ex-boyfriend Trevor," Alex mumbles. 

"So you're not saying anything to Cass because..." 

"I'm fucking scared, man. I'm so scared." 

_________________________________________________________________________________

WOAHHH PLOT TWIST 

SORRY THAT THIS CHAPTER WAS LATE AND SHORT 

ILY YOU ALL <3

*not edited*