Chapter 24: Puppet

Start from the beginning

"It doesn't matter. I'll still love them no matter what." I answered honestly. IQ nodded in slight surprise. It was my turn to question.

"Why do you ask?" I inquired. IQ suddenly grew flustered.

IQ:"N-No particular reason. Just curious." She stuttered. I cracked a small smile.

"Of course, before having a child, I've probably have to receive your parents' blessing." I commented. IQ's face paled, and her eyes widened significantly.

IQ:"R-Right. Permission." She muttered with a nervous chuckle. I looked at her with a raised brow. She was acting funny.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" I pushed for her to speak with me. IQ shook her head and straddled me.

IQ:"Nope, and you won't need my parent's blessing." She shut down.

"Are you sure?" I questioned. IQ nodded.

IQ:"Yeah, you don't need their permission." I shook my head.

"I meant doing this without Eliza." I corrected her. IQ froze in confusion before laughing in embarrassment.

IQ:"Oh. You meant that, you pervert~." She teased. Suddenly, the door opened, and I turned to see Ash standing at the doorway with an upset look.

Ash:"Again, Monika? Stop hogging him to yourself." She whined before removing her clothes and joining us.

Flashback end......

'Why did I dream of that?' I wondered to myself and looked out the window. Through all of my restlessness, I managed to catch some sleep. Our destination was almost two days away. For some reason, Price managed to get us a private luxury plane. He claimed the enemy would not expect us to arrive in such a conspicuous vehicle.

Ash:"Couldn't sleep?" I turned to see standing at the bathroom doorway in my private suite. Her red and brown hair was let loose, and she was in a sleeping robe. The two of us shared a room because we were a couple. I guess I woke her up.

"Did I wake you?" I worried that my restlessness had her up. Ash shook her head and sat down beside me.

Ash:"No, I couldn't sleep either. Pre-mission anxiety." She answered with a nervous smile. I sat up and wrapped my arms around her. She welcomed them and hugged tightly.

"It's fine. Everyone gets it." I assured her. Ash let out a shaky breath before speaking.

Ash:"How are you holding up?" She questioned. I released her slightly, so she and I could make eye contact.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

Ash:"You know what I mean. You can't protect everyone." She reminded. I sighed and looked down in guilt.

"I know." I stated gravely. Ash gave me a sympathetic look before kissing me on the cheek.

Ash:"You did all you could." She tried to assure me, but I didn't believe that.

"Not everything. If I just-" She cut me off with another kiss. This time, on the lips. I waited for her to stop, but she continued until I returned the gesture. However, Ash still didn't stop.

"Eliza, what are you-"

Ash:"Just keep going, (Y/n)." She cut me off and placed my hands onto her body, as we continued to passionately make out. After a small heated moment, Ash stopped and rested her forehead against mine.

Ash:"Do you love me, (Y/n)?" She asked out of nowhere.

"What kind of question is that? Of course I-" Ash shushed me by placing her finger on my lips. She looked at me with an unexpected pained expression.